Monday, August 27, 2018

Philippians 4:13 - "Healer"



One year ago this morning I found out a dear young man had been killed in a horrific accident. I couldn't believe what I read on the computer so I called my Mom to confirm. I was devastated when she said it was true. I remember I told her I would call her back as the tears came. 'Why, Lord?' was one of the first things that came to my mind. My heart broke for all of Jeremy's family. We were a part of the same church and I watched this family love on one another with God's love in a very special way. I was in a class at Wayne College with Jeremy one semester and our bond grew deeper. He always asked how my husband, boys, and parents were when we talked. When my Daddy had to testify at a trial when a train hit him, Jeremy's presence on the jury was calming to Daddy. Jeremy wore a t-shirt about God that day which always stood out in my Daddy's mind. 'Why, Lord? Why did this young man who was furthering Your Kingdom have to be taken?' We will never know the answer to the questions we have but we will know God used Jeremy while on this earth and I believe is using him in heaven. We never know when our time on this earth will be over. The Lord may return at any moment. Doc preached yesterday of last days and I agree we are in them. We must always be ready to take the walk into the Pearly Gates. I know Jeremy took that walk just as I know my Daddy did. I do not want to miss that walk. I desire to not only know I am saved but also know I am living a life of obedience to His will. All believers have a great responsibility to share Christ with all we meet. If we do not share Him, we are not being obedient. If we allow any opportunity to pass by without taking it, we are failing Him. I do not want to be a failure. I desire to be who He wants me to be. Yesterday's sermon hit me hard on this responsibility. I need to pray for Him to reveal to me what I need to do differently to ensure I am sharing Him in the best way possible. I also need to pray for more of His love to flow from me. Sometimes when I am having physical issues it is hard to focus on anything but them. But I know I cannot allow my focus to be taken off of His will. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving on Jeremy's family so greatly over the last year. Thank You for being their strength during the tough days without him. Father, may You continue to strengthen their faith. May You continue to be their strength. Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me up with more of You. I pray for a healing in my back so it will not be a distraction from what You desire of me. Lord, me greater than the pain. I pray for the same for Ms. Paula as she recuperates; Terry as he has back surgery this morning; Mel as she is so sick with multiple issues; and Little Richie as he continues his battle along with his grandma Donna. Thank You Jesus for being Our Healer. Amen.


No comments: