Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Philippians 4:4-7 - "Point To You"

There are so many people who go through life with 'baggage' that tears not only themselves down but everyone in their life down. It is sad to see people in misery. Sometimes they acknowledge it while other times they ignore it. I woke up during the night and again this morning with these words to "Point To You" going through my head...

I want so badly just to finally get well
But I don't want a quick fix and emotional sell
I will be honest with my humanity
No I'm not perfect and I don't pretend to be

I need a miracle
Some healing for my heart
I need a revelation
A brand new start
I want simplicity
Where I can rest
But I need a miracle to put my past to death

It is sad to see people who continue in life refusing to allow God to heal them from their past. Some won't even allow Him in their heart because they are afraid. Some stay away from Him because they are ashamed. Some will accept Him as their Savior but refuse to allow Him to be their Lord. They will only open themselves up to Him part way. It is sad to see how these people live. Everyone has to get to the point where the past is just that. The past. It takes allowing the Lord to cleanse and fill before one can move on. If I would not have got to the point in my life for this, I would not be where I am today. God would not be using me as He does. He would not be flowing out of me the way He does. If I were stuck in my past, I would be miserable instead of joyful. Oh how I pray for more people to get past their past and allow Him full reign. The miracle of healing in the heart enables walking in peace. I read Paul's words in Philippians 4 in my sermon Sunday...

We all need to follow Paul's example read in these verses. As we rejoice in the Lord, He will give us the strength to overcome our past. He will enable us to shine brightly for Him in this dark world. He will empower us with a peace that is incomprehensible to many. The way I have found to receive His peace is through trusting Him and choosing joy. As we choose joy, we choose God. His love enables us to stand firm in our faith as we trust Him no matter what our circumstances are. In the book of James, we learn God will enable us to have great endurance as we persevere through tough times. God also will empower us to not only live on this earth with Him but most importantly we will spend eternal life with Him. Many people will ask how I get through all that comes my way and still trust in the Lord. The answer is simple. My sight is on heaven. I know the only way I will spend eternity with Him is to live with Him now. I also know the trials that come my way on this earth grow my faith. The more trials I endure, the greater my faith becomes. That is exciting to think about! I desire to go deeper in my faith. No matter what circumstances I go through, that deepening will occur. That thought enables me to not cave into the circumstances but rather dig my heels in deeper. Before I could get to this point in my spiritual walk I first had to allow the Lord to wipe my past sins away and empower me to let the past be the past.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You love on me just the way I need it. Thank You for empowering me with Your emotional, mental, physical but most of all spiritual strength. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my focus in a new, different way throughout this day. I pray for more of You to be heard/seen through me today. Lord, I am praying for many hurting people today. Some are physically hurting such as Debbie. Some are emotionally hurting such as the Neiderhiser/Edwards family. Those that continue to make decisions not of You or are in situations not chosen by themselves are financially hurting. There are those with mental illnesses who are mentally hurting. The ones I pray for the most are those spiritually hurting as they need to die to self. Lord, touch each one in the way they so need. Thank You for bringing me back home safely from the many miles of travel over the last few days. I praise You for Leslie who drove me and sacrificed for me to  be able to go. Thank You for Doc who took care of things while I was gone. Lord, thank You for being The One I Point To! Amen.

No comments: