Friday, January 1, 2016

Psalm 37:7; Isaiah 40:31 - "Waiting Here For You"


2015 was a year where I found myself not only listening for the Lord's voice but most importantly hearing His voice...
  • He told me to go deeper and I did. 
  • He told me to be still and I did. 
  • He told me to not allow people to take my focus off of Him and I am working on that. 
  • He told me to forgive some who have not even asked for my forgiveness and I have. 
  • He told me to be patient and I told Him I do not like to use that word because the last time I asked Him to help me be patient I ended up in bed with the on-set of my MS. But I did tell Him I would persevere through whatever He puts before me. 
  • He told me to trust Him for finances through the difficult time with Social Security and losing my health insurance and I did.
  • He told me to not be critical of those who don't love Him like I do and I am working on that.
  • He told me to start my day off with Him and I do.
  • He told me to be joyful through trying times and I have done my best to do so.
  • He told me I just walk away from difficult situations or people because it is in them that I will draw closer to Him so I am persevering. 
I look forward to 2016 for a variety of reasons but the biggest one is that I am excited to hear more from the Lord. I am excited to follow His direction on the path He is leading me down. I am overjoyed in knowing I am doing His will as I live in His presence. It seems kind of strange to say but I'm excited to 'be still' and to 'wait' on Him. Isaiah 40:31 has taken on a way new meaning for me this year. I use to think it was meant for a physical strength for those do His will but it is the whole ball of wax. Strength for physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs is found when we 'wait' on Him. I told the teens last week in Sunday School that even though they are separate they all play together in our spirit. When we depend upon His strength in all we do, we will know His peace.



Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this new year that is ahead. Thank You for the blessings You gave me in 2015 and for the blessings You will give me in 2016. I am so excited to be where I am in relationship with You but Father I pray for more of You to encompass me so people will see and hear You in me. Lord, I pray for so many who are lost...so many who think they are OK with You yet aren't...so many who need a spiritual healing in their spirits. Father, come down upon them right now, right where they are and touch them. I pray this in Your Holy Name. Thank You for being My Strength. Amen.



No comments: