Thursday, December 31, 2015

James 1:2-3 - "Hello, My Name Is"

I use to struggle with the whole concept of teaching little girls to think of themselves as a princess. When you look up the meaning of the word 'princess' there are several....

  1. princess(Noun)
    The female monarch, or wife of a ruler, of a principality.
  2. princess(Noun)
    The daughter (or granddaughter) of a king, queen, emperor, empress, prince, or another princess.
  3. princess(Noun)
    A beloved girl considered dainty; used as a term of endearment
  4. princess(Noun)
    A young girl or woman considered vain, spoiled or selfish; a prima donna
The last definition is the one that I didn't like. But then last week I saw this...


This picture reminded me that the enemy is always trying to tear me down. He is the one who puts bad thoughts in my mind. But he can only do it when I give him access. Giving him access is something as simple as taking a comment wrong that someone says to me. Or it can be as simple as me thinking negatively. Dealing with physical ailments can open doors to the enemy if I choose to be crabby instead of joyful. The Lord reminds me often of James 1:2-3...

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

Yes! I will be joyful through pain...whether it be physical or emotional pain! I will be joyful as the Lord takes me deeper into relationship with Him! I will be joyful as we deal with 'junk' of this world that tries to take our focus off of the Lord! I will be joyful! Plain and simple! Why? Because I am a Daughter of the Most High King! I am His beloved! I am special! I am spoiled by My Heavenly Father who blesses me in abundance! I am blessed! Woo hoo!

As I reflect back on 2015, I see many blessings from My Heavenly Daddy...our trip to Israel, His command for me to go deeper in my relationship with Him, my MS exasperation in May which gave me time to hear clearly from Him without distractions of the world, the various times with our family, my godly husband who continues to seek His will, my recent health issue with back pain that threw me into another MS exasperation...yes, these were all blessings in one way or another. I look forward to 2016 to see how the Lord is going to bless me! As I do, I have this to remind me that I am a Daughter of the Most High. I cannot allow the enemy any access into my being....


Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome in the way You bless me. Oh Father, how I want to go deeper with You in 2016...I want to hear from You more...the desire of my heart is to not give any access to the enemy into my life. Father, cleanse me of anything that is not of You. Fill me to overflowing with more of You. How I want people to see You in me and to hear You through me. Lord, direct my steps to where You so desire me to go. I praise You for the way You are using my studies to draw me into being more of what You have called me to be. Lord, thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for the days ahead where You will remind me that I am Your Daughter and no one can take that away from me. Thank You for being My Most High. Amen.

No comments: