Wednesday, January 20, 2016

I Peter 3; James 1:2-3; Philippians 4:13 - "Good, Good Father"

What a blessing to be able to hear Dr. Diehl last night! Having just read an article he wrote for my class and then getting to see/hear him was so special. As I sat there listening I thought of the night he ordained Doc. That night was beyond comprehension in the area of blessings! When he prayed over me at that altar, I was ready to burst. After he prayed over Doc then he prayed over me He charged me to be a helpmate for Doc...to stand by him and to encourage him. I've strived to do that throughout these last twenty-one years of ministry. He also prayed for me to "have a gentle and quiet spirit".... those who were present from our church teased about that since I am known to not be quiet. I know I have failed with that charge at times but the Lord has changed me over the years to be more gentle and yes, sometimes even quieter than I use to be. Praise His Holy Name! Last night seeing/hearing Dr. Diehl was the affirmation of the call upon our lives. God called us and used Dr. Diehl as a tool here on this earth. Now God is taking us another step in this call by me going to school. He is such a "Good, Good Father"...He is so loving and caring...He is so wonderful to be in relationship with. 

I love the words of I Peter 3...
Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

Yes! I am Sarah's daughter...my hope is in the Lord...I strive to live a holy life! Why? Because that is what God has called me to do. He has called me to be many things...a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a daughter, etc. But the most important thing He has called me to be is be holy. I love where I am in my relationship with the Lord today but oh how I can't wait to go deeper with Him. 

Dear Jesus,
I praise Your Holy Name for bringing Dr. Diehl into my life this week through reading of words he wrote many years ago and through seeing and hearing him speak last night. Thank You for that blessing! Father, I pray for more of You in me...I pray for Your words to be my words and Your actions to be my actions. Lord, may all who see/hear me today see/hear You. I pray for more of a "gentle and quiet spirit" in my being. I pray when people say hurtful words You will give me grace for them just as You give grace. I pray when it seems like I can't take another trial You will remind me of James 1:2-3. I pray when I feel like my strength is gone You will remind me of Philippians 4:13. Holy Spirit reign down upon me in a mighty way! Thank You Jesus for being The One Who Called Me. Amen.


No comments: