Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Matthew 6:10 - "First"


A song Lauren Daigle sings called "First" is on my mind this morning. In praying for a particular situation the Lord brought to me to pray "...on earth as it is in heaven..." and then gave me this song. I started thinking about how the more we are living in His will the more our prayers will be aligned with His answers. He needs to be "First" in our lives. We not only need to 'seek' Him but when we do we will 'keep' Him. Prayer cannot be a one-way street of communication but instead we must listen as well as speak. We must come to Him with a clean heart. In order to do that we must seek repentance for anything that we have done. I love the word picture given in these first words of this song...

Before I bring my need
I will bring my heart
Before I lift my cares
I will lift my arms
I wanna know You
I wanna find You
In every season
In every moment
Before I bring my need
I will bring my heart
And seek You


Yes! "Before I bring my need...I will bring my heart..." Woo hoo! That is the key to praying "...on earth as it is in heaven..." When our will is lined up with His will and our heart is right with Him, we will see answers for our prayers. I've often heard and said, "Well it must not have been God's will for..." When we pray for something and it is not God's will, it is disappointing. But just think...when we live in God's will and listen to His voice then we will pray for His will.

Before I speak a word
Let me hear Your voice
And in the midst of pain
Let me feel Your joy
I wanna know You
I wanna find You
In every season
In every moment
Before I speak a word
I will bring my heart
And seek You


Yes! "And in the midst of pain..Let me feel Your joy..." Woo hoo! That is exactly what the Lord gives through the trials on this earth when we live in the place where we hear His voice. Joy. Plain and simple. He is the reason I can have a smile on my face even though my physical body is not functioning. He is the reason I can look at what others are going through instead of dwelling on myself. I love these words...

You are my treasure and my reward
Let nothing ever come before
You are my treasure and my reward
Let nothing ever come before
I seek You


Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome! Father, I pray for Your will to be upon each and every aspect of the day that is ahead. I pray for open ears to hear from You as I go throughout this day. Lord, fill me with more of You as I keep You "First" in my life. Ooze out of me in a way that there will be no doubt that it is You speaking through me. Give me Your words and Your attitude. "...on earth as it is in heaven..." is what I seek. Thank You Jesus for being My First. Amen.

No comments: