Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I Thessalonians 5:12-28 - "Healing Begins"


The Lord revealed to me there are some in my little world who need to hear from Him. I've often heard people say He isn't speaking to them. So many times it isn't that He isn't speaking. Instead it is they are not listening. A human can hear things without actually hearing them. The words that are said may not be grasped because of the mental or spiritual state one is in. It is sad to think about one in relationship with the Lord not being able to hear His voice. There are many reasons this can happen. One is distractions of this world. Oh how the enemy loves to cause those in our lives. Another is self. Sometimes we think we know what is best for us so we choose to ignore His voice. There is danger in this. When we allow the enemy any foothold at all in our life, he will take off destroying everything he can. We have to stand strong in our faith. No matter what we are going through we have to allow a healing in our spirit. Only then will we have the freedom to once again hear from the Lord. The song "Healing Begins" came to me this morning...

"So let it fall down
There's freedom waiting in the sound
When you let your walls fall to the ground
We're here now, we're here now, oh
This is where the healing begins, oh
This is where the healing starts
When you come to where you're broken within
The light meets the dark, the light meets the dark"

"...light meets the dark" is crucial in our lives. We must surrender to the Lord in order to be in right relationship with Him. Salvation is not enough. We must take the step of accepting His will for us which can only be found when we die to self. The final words of I Thessalonians 5 are ones I needed to read...

12 Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14 And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else. 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil. 23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it. 25 Brothers and sisters, pray for us. 26 Greet all God’s people with a holy kiss. 27 I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers and sisters. 28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Verses sixteen through eighteen remind me that when I am surrendered to Him He will enable me to rejoice no matter what circumstance I am in. How? By staying in relationship with Him. When I am surrendered to His will, I will hear His voice. As He sanctifies me, I will hear His voice. Why? Verse 24 reads, "The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it. Woo hoo! Praise the Lord!

This morning I am praying for so many to be broken...

  • Health issues...pain, cancer, diabetes...so many need a physical touch yet most importantly they need a spiritual healing
  • Relationship issues...marriages, parent/child, people living in blatant sin...so many need a healing but they must surrender to the Lord's way in order to hear His voice
  • Job issues...lost of job, transition in job, financial issues due to cut hours...praying blessings over these ones not only financially but most importantly spiritually
  • Emotional issues...anger, self-destruction, loneliness...so many people are feeling hopeless due to their present circumstances and I am praying they find the True Hope
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these hours we've had together this morning. I was so hoping to have good sleep last night but since that was not Your will I am thankful for the ones You put on my heart to pray for. Lord, bless my prayers in a mighty way. I thank You for using me as You do. Father, I am excited today is the last IV treatment. I look forward to where You take me from here. Your will is all I seek...I am totally surrendered to You. I pray for an abundance of You to ooze out of me today wherever You take me. Lord, my prayer is that people will see/hear You through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Light! Amen.

No comments: