Monday, January 4, 2016

Ephesians 2:1-10 - "Grace Wins"

I woke up this morning with a song Matthew West sings called "Grace Wins" and was immediately blessed for the reminder of these words....

No more lying down in death's defeat
Now I'm rising up in victory
Singing hallelujah
Grace wins every time

Isn't it awesome to know that we get new beginnings every time we go before the Lord and repent? I was telling the teens yesterday the only way to make the statement 'It's a new year...I have a clean slate' is to repent. It is necessary for all of us to go before the Lord and ask for forgiveness each and every day if we desire a 'clean slate.' A 'clean slate' is something available for all...

For the prodigal son, grace wins
For the woman at the well, grace wins
For the blind man and the beggar, grace wins
For always and forever, grace wins
For the lost out on the street, grace wins
For the worst part of you and me, grace wins
For the thief on the cross, grace wins
For a world that is lost

There's a war between guilt and grace
And they're fighting for a sacred space
But I'm living proof
Grace wins every time

This morning is a morning where I really needed a reminder from the Lord that I can live victorious over any junk that comes my way. Sometimes the junk is in the form of physical issues. Sometimes it is in the form of people's words. Sometimes it is in the form of my thoughts. But God reminded me through these flowers that ...
He created me to be beautiful just as these flowers.
He nourishes my spirit through ways I can't even begin to comprehend.
He can take a small thing that looks like nothing and turn it into something of beauty with a wonderful fragrance.
He encourages me through people such as Kathleen who gave these to me.
Most of all He reminded me that He loves me enough to give me a clean slate each and every time I come before Him and repent.

Over the last couple weeks we've had opportunity to be with different families members. I am so grateful for each and every one of those opportunities. The life of a pastor makes it difficult to see family much when you don't live close. It is hard to get together when most people have free weekends and yours are full of ministry. Sometimes I get so sad in thinking about not being with my family. I am so grateful for blessings the Lord gives when the sad thoughts come into my mind. After family left yesterday I just wanted to cry because it was such an enjoyable time yet I knew it would be so long before we were together again. I loved how the Lord encouraged me. He reminded me of the one who was saved in yesterday's service after hearing God speak through Doc. Yes, that is why ministry is so rewarding. That is why the aches of being away from family are soothed. Knowing another person has asked the Lord into their heart is worth all the aches of my heart. 

Ephesians 2:1-10 reads:

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressionsit is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christand seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Once again I sing....
No more lying down in death's defeat
Now I'm rising up in victory
Singing hallelujah
Grace wins every time

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your grace! Thank You for reminding me just how much You love me! Thank You for giving me blessings throughout the day to show me how special I am to You! Thank You for the one who came into relationship with You yesterday! Thank You for using us as Your servants! Lord, when I get sad with being away from family, I pray for an abundance of Your peace to come down upon me. Please continue to remind me of our purpose where You have us. Thank You for all the opportunities You give us to be You to others. Lord, would You please not only give me a clean slate today but would You also fill me to overflowing with You so others will see and hear You in me? Father, I don't know if I will leave this house today but I have found I can be You to others anyway. Thank You Jesus for being My Grace Maker! Amen.

No comments: