Friday, January 15, 2016

Isaiah 40 - "Good, Good Father"


When I saw this picture yesterday, I was like 'YES!' This is exactly how I strive to live day in and day out. I remember the days of trying to figure things out, fretting over not only the big things but the little things that happened, second guessing myself, being mad at the world when things didn't go my way, etc. But then when the Lord became Who I totally focused on my life changed. When I allowed Him free reign of my checkbook and to a certain extent my calendar, life became so much easier. But then when I totally surrendered my days to Him life really changed. He speaks. I listen. I obey. I do as He says. Yesterday was a good example of listening to Him. The schedule had a few things on it but when I woke up yesterday morning in such pain I wasn't sure what I was to do. He closed some doors on His own and then a couple of them He spoke to me and told me to close. The day was spent resting not only in my physical body but also in my spiritual body. I prayed and even though He didn't speak directly to my prayers I knew He was listening. He heard the cries of my heart. He gave me Isaiah 40 to ponder upon. The last few verses are ones I cherish...
28 Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.
He gives strength to the weary are words I cling to. I am so weary in my physical body and my emotional body but I have hope in My Heavenly Father. Woo hoo! He doesn't just take away the pain in my legs or the emotional pain of junk from this world and I really don't want Him to. I know these things are growing my faith. I know when I give Him the glory through all of the 'bad' things of life, my hope in eternal life with Him grows in abundance. That's exciting!

Once again He woke me to "Good, Good Father" and once again I was blessed. He is so good to me. There are days I do not think I will get through yet He encourages me. There are days when the tears flow yet He is there to dry them. There are days when people are not nice yet He gives me joy in my spirit to deal with them. These days on this earth are growing shorter and shorter. I pray I won't miss any opportunity for people to see Him in me. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being My Hope! Thank You for being My Strength! Thank You for being exactly what I need when I need it! Lord, today is a new day. I pray for strength in my physical body. I pray for strength in my emotional body. I pray You will come down upon me in such a way that no matter what happens today You will show through me. Fill me to overflowing with more of You. Lord, I pray for those who need You in a deeper way to find You. I pray for those who are hurting and hurt with their words to find Your Peace. I pray for those who need to feel Your touch to do so today. Thank You Jesus for being My "Good, Good Father"! Amen.


No comments: