Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Lamentation 3 - "Even If"

In the third chapter of Lamentations Jeremiah was encouraged to not give up during hard times. Matthew Henry writes:

"The more the prophet looked on the desolations, the more he was grieved. Here is one word of comfort. While they continued weeping, they continued waiting; and neither did nor would expect relief and succour from any but the Lord."

Verses nineteen through twenty-six reads:
19 I remember my affliction and my wandering,
    the bitterness and the gall.
20 I well remember them,
    and my soul is downcast within me.
21 Yet this I call to mind
    and therefore I have hope:
22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”
25 The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
    to the one who seeks him;
26 it is good to wait quietly
    for the salvation of the Lord.
Once again the word 'wait' is given to me. Once again I am reminded that I must not allow my faith to waiver when going through tough times. The Lord is my strength. He never leaves me. His mercies are with me each and every day. I love how He gives me a song and Scripture that show me exactly what He has for me. Kutless sings a song called "Even If" that was in my heart this morning.

Sometimes all we have to hold on to
Is what we know is true of who You are
So when the heartache hits like a hurricane
That could never change who You are
And we trust in who You are

Even if the healing doesn’t come
And life falls apart
And dreams are still undone
You are God You are good
Forever faithful One
Even if the healing
Even if the healing doesn’t come

Lord we know Your ways are not our ways
So we set our faith in who You are
Even though You reign high above us
You tenderly love us
We know Your heart
And we rest in who You are

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your words of encouragement. Thank You for reminding me that You are in control of these days. Lord, sometimes physical ailments and stresses of life can fog my perspective. I am sorry for that. Lord, You are the Only One who I need to listen to. You are the Only One who I need to please. I pray for an abundance of You in me throughout this day. I pray for Your words to be my words...Your actions to be my actions...Your attitude to be my attitude. Fill me to overflowing is my prayer. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Wait On. Amen.


No comments: