Monday, January 18, 2016

II Chronicles 20: II Timothy 1:7; James 1; I Peter 1:16 - "Slaves to Fear"


Repentance...Revival...Restoration of Prodigals...The Lost...These are the four groups Doc encouraged us to pray for as a community of believers. Last night as a few gathered to pray I was overwhelmed with sadness as I prayed over names. As the tears flowed, I cried out to the Lord asking Him to save them I was crushed as He said, "Many of these are headed to destruction when many of them know what it is to be headed to eternity with me." Oh how sad to think of people who are caught up in circumstances of life instead of allowing the Lord to be in control. I thought of my teen Sunday school lesson about how we need to realize "the battle belongs to the Lord" (II Chronicles 20). We do not have to be enslaved to the ways of the enemy. The song "No Longer Slaves" kept going through my mind as I prayed last night. I prayed for people to get to the point in their lives where they can say...

"I'm no longer a slave to fear...I am a child of God"

Yes! There is liberty and freedom in surrender! The song continues...

"We've been liberated 
From our bondage
We're the sons and the daughters
Let us sing our freedom"

Yes! those who have experienced the chains of bondage to be broken in their lives need to proclaim the victory the Lord gave them. It is our responsibility to share with others just how liberating it is to live a life of surrender. As I prayed over the list of names last night, the Lord had me praying for some who appear to be right with Him yet He says they are not. He revealed some things to me to pray for that I didn't know. I don't particularly like when that happens but I know He is using me as a tool and I accept His will. I am being obedient to Him. That is one of the things He revealed last night...some who are not being obedient to Him. That breaks my heart. He brought to my mind II Timothy 1:7 that says He doesn't give us a spirit of fear but of power, love and self-control. He said there are some who are allowing fear to stop them from sharing Him with others. He also said there are some who are misrepresenting Him by not allowing His love to show through them. There words are sharp which turn people away from Him instead of to Him. When I started lamenting on how hard it is to deal with such people, He quickly reminded me of James 1:2-3. He told me I needed to be joyful even in circumstances of hurtful words. I lamented to Him some more and He told me to read verse nine of this chapter. Ouch! It reads, "Don't grumble against one another, brothers and sisters or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door." Ouch again! I immediately repented of complaining and asked Him to not only forgive me but to enable me to live out I Peter 1:16 throughout my days. "Be holy, because I am holy" are the words of Christ that I focus upon.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the prayer time last night. There is just something special about gathering in the sanctuary with my church family to raise our petitions to You. Lord, as I prayed last night..empower us to do Your will...empower us to love as You love....empower us with boldness to stand up for Your will...but first Lord, forgive us as a church body for where we have been negligent in doing these things. Lord, today is a new day. It is a day where I have no plans of leaving this house but if Your will is that I do, so be it. I desire people to see/hear You in me. May Your words and Your actions be mine. Fill my cup to overflowing with more of You so people will know You are sitting on the throne room of my life. Thank You Jesus for being My Holiness. Amen.

No comments: