Monday, January 11, 2016

Psalm 91:1 - "Good, Good Father"

I woke up this morning singing a song Chris Tomlin sings called "Good, Good Father" and immediately started praising the Lord for the way He is such a great part of my life. No, He is everything in my life. He is the One I turn to in times of distress. He is the One I praise no matter if going through a good time or a 'bad' time. He is the One. Plain and simple. I love the words to this song...

You're a good good father
It's who you are, It's who you are
Its who you are
And I'm love by you
It's who I am, It's who I am
It's who I am x 2

He is the best Father one can have. Some may ask why I say that and once again it is plain and simple. He loves me unconditionally, people only love unconditionally sometimes. He protects me from so much 'junk' yet He protects me through the 'junk' that comes my way. He does not allow people's words or actions to continue to hurt me over and over again. Instead He enables me to forgive and move on. "Bitterness" was something one of my teens asked for prayer about yesterday. When we allow the enemy to fester up bitterness in us over and over, we will soon be ate up with it. Doc's sermon yesterday about being infected was one that hopefully people took home with them and will ponder throughout the days ahead. When we are infected with something not of God, He cannot use us to our fullest potential in Him. This song goes on...

Oh it's love so undeniable
I,  I can hardly think as you call me
Deeper still,  as you call me
Deeper still,  as you call me
Deeper still,  into love love love

Woo hoo! The Lord has called me to go deeper in my relationship with Him. As I do, my love for Him and others goes deeper. I am so grateful for the "good, good Father" He is. I am grateful that I do not have to know what or where or how He wants me to do. All I have to do is be obedient and follow His direction. I am grateful for the 'shelter' He gives me as I live in His Presence. 


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You used me yesterday to be You to others. Father, I don't know that I will leave this house today but I do know You can still use me to be You to others. Speak through me...love through me. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You. Thank You Jesus for loving me so deeply and enabling me to love others. Lord, be with the prayer requests from my teens yesterday. I hurt for them and the situations they are dealing with. Father, I pray they are where they need to be in order to hear from You today. Thank You for being My Good, Good Father. Amen.


No comments: