Saturday, January 23, 2016

Hebrews 10:23; Jeremiah 17:7 - "Redeemed"



I woke up this morning singing "Redeemed" that Big Daddy Weave sings and immediately was blessed with the knowledge.....

I am redeemed , you set me free
So I'll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe away every stain
Cause I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed.....I'm redeemed


My mind started thinking about all of the people who need to be able to say this. But instead of turning to the Lord they are turning to drugs, alcohol, sex, violence, etc. Instead of allowing the Lord to give them a clean slate they are wallowing in the junk of this world. It is so sad to see families torn apart through domestic violence.  How I pray they will get to the point in life of saying these words...

Because I don't have to be the old man inside of me
'cause his day is long dead and gone because
I've got a new name , a new life I'm not the same
and a hope that will carry me home


It is only when one gets to the end of themselves that will they find hope in Jesus Christ. There is no hope in this fallen world unless we have the hope of eternal life. 


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me hope in this fallen world. Father, as I pray for some very serious situations I am reminded the only way these people can experience hope is to experience You. The only way they can experience You is to surrender to You. Lord, I pray protection over those in violent situations. I pray healing over those with mental and physical ailments. But most of all I pray for healing in spiritual lives. Oh Father how people need You...they need to experience hope as only You can give. Lord, fill me to overflowing with Your words and Your attitude. May people see hope through me. May they see what I have and desire the same. Father, if I begin to falter in my being I pray You will remind me that You are with me through difficult days. I also pray for the stress of these days to not have a foothold into my physical being. Lord, blind my eyes and close my ears to things that cause stress. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope. Amen.


No comments: