Saturday, January 9, 2016

Matthew 6:6; 7:7 - "Waiting Here For You"


These last few days have me praying for many who are going through deaths of loved ones. Some were this week while some were months or years ago. The pain is still real, no matter how long ago it was. As we received the call this morning of one whose Daddy left this earth the memories came flooding back of the morning I received the call from my Momma of my Daddy taking his final breath on earth. I also thought of the calls I received as we were traveling home from a few days away after dear friends lost their husband/father/grandfather in a tragic accident. I do not know how people without the Lord get through these things. Without the Lord there is no hope. When we have Him in our heart and live in relationship with Him, we do have hope of meeting our loved ones again. Of course, that is up for debate between people as to if we will recognize people in heaven or not but to me that is not something to worry about while on this earth. The thing to make sure of is that we are in right relationship with Him...at all times. We need to make sure we are 'prayed up' as the old timers use to say. There needs to not be anything between us and the Lord. To some that seems impossible but when you give your whole life to Him it is possible. When you surrender family, checkbook, calendar...everything to Him, life is different. There is no longer reason to fret over every little thing. Instead you know He is in control and you wait on His direction. 'Wait'...there's the word again....yes, I am in a 'waiting' stage. I am listening for what He has ahead for me. I am basking in His presence as I do...I sure do not want to miss anything He has for me.

In the song "Waiting Here For You" it goes...

If faith can move the mountains
Let the mountains move
We come with expectation
Waiting here for you, waiting here for you


Yes! I am expecting, as I wait, for the Lord to move the mountains before me. In my humanness, I can't see how but in His super natural power He will do it. All I have to do is wait. Easier said than done sometimes but I must admit I am deeper in my relationship with Him now because of this waiting time. I am living out Matthew 6:6 in order to have a Matthew 7:7 life.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this waiting period...thank You for the things You are revealing to me but most of all thank You for Your peace. Lord, whatever lies ahead is in Your hands. I praise You for the way You are working in and through me. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so anyone who sees me or hears from me today will know You are in me. Lord, I pray for all of these ones who are dealing with the death of a loved one. Ease their pain...be very near to them... Thank You Lord for being Who I Wait On. Amen.


No comments: