Saturday, August 31, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; John 6:35/8:12/10:9/10:11/11:25-26/14:6/15:5 - "I Am"


The 'storms' of life continue both figurative and literal. Hurricane Dorian has changed it's path to where now most of South Carolina will be greatly effected. We have evacuated every year we've been here. I don't want to evacuate again. But with Doc's health I don't know if we should stay or evacuate. His blood clot pain has not lessened which is a concern. He is not physically able to put the boards on the windows but I know neighbors will help. So many concerns with so many prayers being sent up for wisdom. Literal 'storms' with finding out my Momma fell and broke her arm last night. 'Storms' come in different ways with different intensities but the one thing that is constant is God giving wisdom through them. He gives peace when peace seems impossible. He gives comfort with situations such as with being so far away from my Momma. I will stand upon II Timothy 1:7. God did not give me a spirit of fear but a spirit of power, love, and self-control. He gives me a spirit to depend upon Him and seek His wisdom. I will be more intentional in standing upon this verse over these next few days. I will be more intentional in living in His presence. I will be more intentional in seeking His wisdom. He is my I Am and I will be more intentional in allowing Him to guide my days, my decisions, and every aspect of life. 

He sustains me physically...Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.” (John 6:35)

He transforms and restores me...When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (John 8:12)

He is my salvation...I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.” (John 10:9)

He is my safety and protection...“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” (John 10:11)

He brings me life...Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.” (John 11:25-26)

He gives me freedom...Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)

He is who I am connected to...I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5)

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for who You are in my life! Thank You for encouraging me to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 throughout the storms of life! Thank You for being with Doc as he endures this pain from the blood clot and for being with my Momma with her broken arm. Lord, cleanse me today so You can fill me with more of You. That is the only way I will be able to be more intentional in living for You. Father, give us wisdom on what to do with Hurricane Dorian. Protect all in it's path. May people become more intentional on being You to those who suffer from this great storm. Thank You Jesus for being My I Am! Amen.

No comments: