Wednesday, August 14, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Known"


I woke up with the lyrics to "Known" that Tauren Wells sings going through my mind. God knows everything about us. He created us. He knows our thoughts. He knows the desires of our heart. He knows us from the inside out. Not only does He know us but He loves us deeply.

I'm fully known and loved by You
You won't let go no matter what I do
And it's not one or the other
It's hard truth and ridiculous grace
To be known fully known and loved by You
I'm fully known and loved by You
Even when I doubt or allow the enemy to put 'bad' thoughts in my head, He loves me. He gives us all free choice. We make the decisions of what we do or do not do in life. He is there to guide us but He is a gentleman and does not force anything on us. He is a loving God but He also is a parent who will apply tough love. Sometimes that means He will allow us to rebel to make us realize what we really have with Him. I am grateful He took me back when I rebelled. If He would not have such a deep love for me, there would not have been grace applied to my life. His love and grace are hard to comprehend. I, nor anyone else, deserve it yet He freely gives it to us.
 
How real, how wide
How rich, how high is Your heart
I cannot find the reasons why
You give me so much
 
Yesterday started with challenges but ended in victories. I knew all along the way He was with me. I made a stupid mistake and splashed bleach on a good pair of shorts and wanted to cry. He reminded me they are just a pair of shorts. When I the took a fall an hour later, He reminded me we fall when we are not focused on what we are doing. I fell because I was not paying attention to where I was walking. That is exactly what happens when we do not stay focused on Him in our daily lives. I was upset when the bacon on my BLT was crispy instead of limpy. He reminded me I had food. Those challenges were nothing compared to the victories received with a 'clean' mammogram and finding out Doc's chemo was back to the Wednesday schedule. Woo hoo, God! He reminded me II Timothy 1:7 tells me He gives me power, love, and sound mind to live out daily instead of the fear the enemy put on me over my mammogram. He also reminded me that the fretting I did over the change in chemo day was worthless. I need to trust Him more. I need to go deeper in my faith. So now as I face a new day I need to remember the lessons from yesterday. I need to not fear anything but instead lean into Him more. I am physically spent. I feel like my body can't continue on but then He gently reminds me it does not have to continue on in my strength. It just needs to lean into His strength in a greater way. I need to stay focused and live in His empowerment. I may not understand everything that happens in the day ahead but I don't have to. God knows all. Nothing will surprise Him. He will win in the end. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with the 'clean' mammogram and Doc's chemo being changed back to Wednesday schedule. Thank You for the way You spoke to me and gave me strength throughout the day. Father, these are some tough days physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially but I do not want them to negatively affect me spiritually. I desire to go deeper in my faith. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me so my faith will deepen and Your love will flow freely from me. Lord, I ask for more of You. I pray for You to fill me to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit. I pray for Doc as he has chemo today. I thank You for him having physical strength yesterday to go with me. Lord, show Him Your empowerment today in a new, different way. Go before us today and open doors that need opened and close those that need closed. Thank You Jesus for being The One Who Knows Us! Amen.


No comments: