Friday, August 30, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Hebrews 10 - "Yes I Will"


At 3:30AM the Lord told me to read Hebrews 10. He also had "Yes, I Will" going through my mind throughout the night. 

Yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley
Yes I will, bless Your name
Oh, yes I will, sing for joy when my heart is heavy
For all my days, oh yes I will


Oh my! What a great reminder this song is of what I need to be doing throughout these 'tough' days. I need to praise Him no matter what is happening! I need to lift up His name with joy "when my heart is heavy"! The first part of Hebrews 10 reminds us about Jesus' sacrifice so we could live. I do not want His sacrifice to go for naught over my actions. Verses nineteen through twenty-five speak to me greatly. Paul reminded me of how Jesus' sacrifice gives me freedom to live with Him. Verses twenty-three reads in the New International VersionLet us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. This is exactly what needs to happen during days such as what we are going through. We need to remember He is faithful in being with us. We have Hope in Him and we must never forget that. Why? The answer is found in verses thirty-six and thirty-seven:

You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For,
“In just a little while,
    he who is coming will come
    and will not delay.”
God's will is for me to glorify Him through not only the 'good' days but the 'bad' days. It is His will for me to praise Him no matter what the circumstances. It also is His will for me to share His love with all I meet. How can I do that when my little world seems to be falling apart? By remembering it is not falling apart in His mind. He knows all that is going on. He knows all the things being thrown at us and He is not afraid. I need to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in His love so He can empower me to be loving, strong in my faith, and most of all stay in His presence throughout the day. I need to allow Him to work in and through me. As I do, the things that happen throughout the day will not be a distraction. My physical weariness will be restored with His strength. My mental weariness will be removed by Him. Most of all my spiritual life will be intact. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of Hebrews 10 during the night! Thank You for prompting me to not wait until morning to read it! Thank You for the reminders of this song to continue praising You! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for cleansing me this morning so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit! I desire for people to see/hear You instead of me today. Lord, You know all that is going on in my little world. I thank You for peace throughout tough days. I pray the same for Doc as we wait on test results. I also pray for John Harris' family with their tough days; Dale as he awaits his appointment; Scott and Paula as the recuperate from surgeries; Cheryl with her surgery today; Rita and many others who are dealing with tough days with health issues; my three friends looking for Your will with jobs; Lynn as she seeks Your will on whether to have surgery or not; ones who were deployed to the Middle East this week and their families; three marriages that need a miracle of healing; and so many others who are going through tough situations in their lives. I pray each one of them will lean into You in a new, different way. I also pray for a family member who needs to get to the end of themselves and allow You to truly be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of their life. Lord, protect those in the path of the hurricane. May people come into relationship with You through this storm. May those who know You draw closer to You from it. Thank You Jesus for being My Will! Amen.

No comments: