Wednesday, August 7, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 32 - "Never Stop Fighting"


I have nothing to fear when I live in God's empowerment. There is nothing that can come before me that will tear me to pieces when I stand in His strength. The circumstances of life that are so horrible as a human are nothing to God. I was reminded yesterday that nothing I go through surprises Him. He not only knows it will happen but also has a solution to the problem. We, as humans, are given free choice. He does not force His decisions upon us but instead allows us to make our own decisions. This morning He took me to Psalm 32. This was written by David to explain the difference between one who has repented and accepted the Lord into their heart and one who has not. There is joy and happiness to those who accept Him. The 'junk' of this world that we live in does not have to consume us. Instead we can live in the world without participating in all of the 'junk' that comes our way. The enemy tries everything he can to tear us away from God but my God is stronger and will always win. I see the first verse of this Psalm representing salvation with the second verse representing sanctification. The two need to go hand-in-hand to fully experience Christ. His love and grace are available for all. His desire is for all to take the step after salvation into entire sanctification. He desires to fill all with the Holy Spirit. I am so thankful when my eyes were open to this. Life changed in a mighty way when I ran back into His arms after a period of rebellion but the biggest change came when I died to self and allowed Him to work in and through me in a mighty way. The change happened when I realized I must repent and be cleansed daily in order for me to live in His presence. In The Passion Translation verse six and seven read:

This is what I’ve learned through it all:
All believers should confess their sins to God;
do it every time God has uncovered you
in the time of exposing.
For if you do this, when sudden storms of life overwhelm,
you’ll be kept safe.
Lord, you are my secret hiding place,
protecting me from these troubles,
surrounding me with songs of gladness!
Your joyous shouts of rescue release my breakthrough.


Woo hoo! I like the phrase, All believers should confess their sins to God; do it every time God has uncovered you in the time of exposing. David did not say we are to confess whenever we feel like it. It says we are to confess every time God has uncovered you. When we daily confess to Him, we will live in His presence. He is there to protect us from anything the enemy throws before us. He is there to empower us to make right decisions. That is why it is important to stand upon II Timothy 1:7. We must not allow fear to creep into our life. Instead we must stand in His love and empowerment. As we live such a life, we will have His wisdom to make right decisions. David wrote in verses eight and nine of Psalm 32:

I hear the Lord saying, “I will stay close to you,
instructing and guiding you along the pathway for your life.
I will advise you along the way
and lead you forth with my eyes as your guide.
So don’t make it difficult; don’t be stubborn
when I take you where you’ve not been before.
Don’t make me tug you and pull you along.
Just come with me!”
10 

We must listen to God and follow His direction. It is that simple. We must not go before Him but instead allow Him to guide us. We must not only hear His voice but we must listen to what He tells us. As we do, He will love us in a way no other can. David ends Psalm 32 with such an encouragement to live a life with the Lord...

So my conclusion is this:
Many are the sorrows and frustrations
of those who don’t come clean with God.
But when you trust in the Lord for forgiveness,
his wrap-around love will surround you.
11 So celebrate the goodness of God!
He shows this kindness to everyone who is his.
Go ahead—shout for joy,
all you upright ones who want to please him!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace! Thank You for bringing me back into relationship with You when I rebelled! Thank You for the way You speak to me in so many ways! Thank You for the opportunities You put before me yesterday and the ones You will put before me today! You are so, so good! Thank You for the way You encourage my heart! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit. Use me today in a new, different way! Go before me and shine brightly through me. Father, I pray for Doc as he continues to feel so fatigued. May You be His supernatural strength throughout this day. I pray for four family members with failing health to not only receive a physical touch from You today but most importantly to be spiritually renewed. I pray for people who are struggling to turn to You. I pray for those who are on the fringe of turning their life over to You to take the next step. I pray for believers who are comfortable with salvation to die to themselves so You can fill them full of Your Holy Spirit. Lord, You continue to bring II Timothy 1:7 to me throughout these tough days. Thank You for the reminder that I live in Your empowerment. Thank You for being with me as I went to the hospital yesterday to discuss our bills. Thank You for keeping "Never Stop Fighting" going through my mind. I know You are greater than everything that comes our way, including pancreatic cancer. Thank You for being My Encourager! Amen.

No comments: