Thursday, August 22, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Do It Again"


Throughout the day yesterday the song "Do It Again" was going through my mind. This song reminds me of many times in the past where we were going through 'tough days' such as my breast cancer. We prayed many times and others prayed that what was found would not be cancer. In fact, when they removed the lump we were told it was not cancerous only to find out two days later what was removed on the perimeter edge was. Now for the last three months we have prayed for Doc's tumor to be gone from the chemo or for the very least to have shrunk enough for surgery. It will be thirteen days before we find out what the scan shows. This song encourages me to not give up praying...to not give up hoping...to not give up expecting a miracle. 

Walking around these walls
I thought by now they'd fall
But You have never failed me yet

Waiting for change to come
Knowing the battle's won
For You have never failed me yet

Your promise still stands
Great is Your faithfulness, faithfulness
I'm still in Your hands
This is my confidence, You've never failed me yet


I was reminded in Bible study last night that God always wins. God will win whether the tumor is gone or not. He will win because He never fails me. He is always with me. He will always take my faith deeper. I do not have to fear the CT scan results. He already knows them. All I have to do is stand upon II Timothy 1:7 and live in His love and empowerment. I must keep my focus on Him and not allow the enemy to cause any chaos in my life. I must stand in His peace that He is in control. That is only possible when I live in His presence, allowing Him to work in and through me. Yesterday as I sat and watched Doc have the chemo being put into his body I prayed for the effects to not be bad on him. I thought about how I've prayed this prayer so many times over the last eleven weeks. He has had some tough days but his blood work has stayed so good. So my prayers were answered. They may not have been answered in the way I thought I was praying but they were answered. I'm so physically drained and I've prayed for God to give me His supernatural strength. I continue to be drained yet my prayers are being answered because He has given me the strength to do what He has called me to do. Once again, my prayers may not be answered in the way I think they should be but they are being answered. Praise His Holy Name! Today is a new day. There are things on the schedule but I pray I do not miss any opportunity He puts before me. I pray I will stand upon II Timothy 1:7 throughout these days of waiting on the CT scan results. I also continue to pray for my MS to 'behave' itself through the stress and added physical demands of these days.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love that encourages me so greatly! Thank You for this song that reminds me of Your faithfulness! Thank You for yesterday being Doc's 'last' chemo! I pray You will strengthen him as we wait on CT results. May You take our faith deeper in this process. I also pray You will move this 'mountain' out of our lives. Lord, cleanse us so You can fill us. Thank You for Paula's oral procedure going well and giving her peace. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for the AC man coming, for the estimate given being an amount You already provided for, and for the work going to be completed next week. Lord, I pray for our efforts with the give-away on Saturday. May You flow from every one who participates. May there be unity within all of us. May You be seen in our actions, words, and most of all attitude. Father, I pray for people to have the desire to know You through us. Thank You for being My Faithfulness! Amen.

No comments: