Tuesday, August 27, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "God's Not Done With You"


I prayed during the night for several people going through 'tough' days to seek the Lord in their situations. There are times where it seems like the Lord has left us but He hasn't. We go through difficult situations and wonder 'why?' Sometimes the situations we find ourselves in are caused by our own actions. Sometimes they are because God puts challenges before us to take our faith deeper. No matter the 'why?' He is always there for us. I prayed for several to realize this. My heart breaks to see people going through tough times yet as I pray for them and see them respond to God I am joyful. There is no better thing to experience than the depth of His love. I remember the words to a song Tauren Wells sings called "God's Not Done With You" as I continue to pray for many...
  • A friend who found out yesterday her company is closing.
  • Two friends who continue to seek employment.
  • A couple who are being hurt by their adult church.
  • Three marriages that are falling apart.
  • A pastor who is seeking God's will after leaving the pulpit. 
  • Two children who are being put through nasty situations.
This song goes...

Standing in your ruins feels a lot like the end
So used to losing you're afraid to try again
Right now all you see are ashes where there was a flame
Truth is that you're not forgotten ‘cause grace knows your name

God's not done with you
Even with your broken heart and your wounds and your scars
God's not done with you
Even when you're lost and it's hard and you're falling apart
God's not done with you
It's not over, it's only begun
So don't hide, don't run
‘Cause God's not done with you, you
All of the people involved in these situations have a choice to make. They can either lean into God or they can give the enemy an open door. The easy way is to allow the enemy control. He makes things seem simpler, more pleasant, etc. But he is not the way. God is the Only Way to get through tough times. He is the Only Way to have our story written in the right way. He is the Only Way we will get through such times victorious. If we give into the enemy, we will only lose. God did not make us to be losers. He made us to stand upon His love, empowered by His Holy Spirit to be winners. When we stand upon II Timothy 1:7, we have nothing to fear. He is the One in control, not us. I am praying II Timothy 1:7 over these ones who God brought to my mind during the night. I pray they will feel His empowerment in a new, different way. I pray He will be greater than the enemy in their lives. My heart breaks for them yet I am hopeful they will allow God to be their Only Way!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning that reminds me You are the Only Way! Thank You for the time of prayer during the night! Thank You for loving me so greatly that You put others on my heart to pray for! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. I pray for a physical healing in my body so I will not be distracted in any way today for what You desire of me. I continue to pray for a physical healing in Doc not only with the cancer but with his leg. I pray for an emotional healing for me as I miss my Daddy so much. I praise Your holy name for the way You blessed us yesterday with shrimp from Mike and a love gift in the mail from a dear couple. May You bless them as they blessed us. I pray for Ms. Paula as she has shoulder surgery today and dear Mary Wiens with her broken hip. Lord, be with those I prayed for during the night and let them stand in Your empowerment. Thank You Jesus for being My Only Way! Amen.

No comments: