Tuesday, August 13, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 1 - "When The Waters Rise"


It seems like after almost three years I would not longer get 'antsy' about having a mammogram. They all have been 'clean' since the breast cancer so I shouldn't have anything to be concerned about. Last night the tears fell and I asked Doc to pray for me. It was happening again. I could not go to sleep for the longest time. The thought about the 'what ifs' and what we would do if we both were facing cancer at the same time. I prayed and asked God for peace and sleep and it eventually came. I was awake many times during the six short hours that followed and every time I felt His peace. Then when I got up the 'what ifs' started going around in my mind. God led me back to II Timothy 1:7...

God did not make me, Sheila, to be fearful. God made me to live empowered through His Holy Spirit. He made me to love with His love and to walk in His will. (My Paraphrase)

Then He reminded me of a song MikesChair sings called "Let The Waters Rise." IF there is something showing on the mammogram, He will be right there with me. I have nothing to fear. I cannot allow the enemy an open door into my life.

There's a raging sea
Right in front of me
Wants to pull me in
Bring me to my knees

So let the waters rise
If You want them to
I will follow You
I will follow You

These words speak greatly to me this morning. The results of the mammogram will not be a surprise to Him. I must trust Him with them. I must not allow the enemy to put fear upon me. I must allow God's love to work in and through me in this process. I need to also remember...

God Your love is enough
You will pull me through
I'm holding onto You
God Your love is enough
I will follow You
I will follow You

As I do, I will be one of those people described in Psalm 1:3...

He will be standing firm like a flourishing tree planted by God’s design, deeply rooted by the brooks of bliss, bearing fruit in every season of his life. He is never dry, never fainting, ever blessed, ever prosperous (TPT).

I want to be deeply rooted in Him. The way to do that is to not only accept Him into your heart but then to allow Him to cleanse you fully so sin is not the first thing you think of. Instead, His will is what guides your life. I want to walk in obedience to His word. The way to do that better is by being in His Word. Pondering it. Studying it. Allowing it to become one with you. This Psalm tells us we are to meditate on it day and night. You cannot soak something in if you do not submerge yourself in it. There may come a day when we won't have the gift of reading our Bible. What will happen then? I pray for His Word to be engrained in my mind so much that it will come to me. I pray His Words will flow off my lips in a way that will undoubtedly be through His supernatural empowerment. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being so close yesterday when the enemy tried to tear us down! Thank You for the way You encouraged me to be at peace in the midst of chaos brought upon us! Thank You for bringing this Scripture and song to me this morning! Father, I am standing on II Timothy 1:7 today but in order to do that I must be cleansed so You can fill me with Yourself. Take anything that is between us and wipe it away. May You be my strength for whatever is ahead in this day. May You knock the enemy down when He comes knocking at my door. Lord, I pray for encouragement for Doc. I pray You will put people before him that will say or do things to encourage him. I continue to pray for his physical healing from the cancer sooner than later. The chemo is wearing him down not just physically but also emotionally and mentally. I pray for protection around his spiritual being. God Your love is enough are words in this song that I will cling to today in a mighty way. No matter what the outcome of my mammogram, I will lean into You and be thankful. Thank You for being My Everything! Amen.

No comments: