Thursday, August 8, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Glorious Day"


The Lord woke me up throughout the night with the words to a song Passion sings called "Glorious Day"...

You called my name
And I ran out of that grave
Out of the darkness
Into Your glorious day

Now Your mercy has saved my soul
Now Your freedom is all that I know
The old made new
Jesus, when I met You


Each day we wake up should be a glorious day dedicated to Him. Before my feet the floor I praise Him for another day of life and ask Him to go before me. The last thing I do before falling asleep is thank Him for the day. We all need to have a spirit of thanksgiving no matter what is happening in our life. Yesterday He blessed me with a resolve in our house payment situation that I have been battling for several weeks. I prayed and asked God for wisdom; He told me what to do; I followed His advice; and the mortgage company realized they were wrong. Woo hoo! Not only is the payment not raising by $250ish but it actually dropped by $18! I was beginning to wonder if I was thinking wrong with all that is happening in our little world but God continued to encourage me with things to do and we were blessed. There is such freedom when we submit totally to the Lord. He is there to direct us, encourage us, love on us...the list goes on and on. The most important thing everyone needs is to accept Jesus into their heart but they cannot stop there. They must take the next step and allow Him to be their Lord of Lords and King of Kings. We all must die to self. When we do, we will see things through His eyes. "The old made new" is just the beginning of a life with Christ. Every day is a glorious day when we live with Him in control. Are the trials of this earth taken away? Absolutely not! It is through the trials of life we go deeper in our faith! Is it 'easy' to live such a life? In the beginning I did not think so but once I realized He is in control and nothing surprises Him I began to understand it is easy. I don't have to worry about anything. He takes care of all. I will continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 and not fear pancreatic cancer in my husband. His strength will empower me to not only get through whatever is ahead but to thrive. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for Your sanctifying empowerment! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May Your Holy Spirit be in total control of my words, actions, and attitude. Father, I pray for all of the concerns on my heart to be in Your hands. I pray for Doc as he goes for chemo today. I pray for both of us as this is his first time of me not being there. I ask for this treatment to shrink the tumor more than ever so surgery can be done to remove it. I pray for my friend who has an interview today. May Your will be done in her life. I continue to pray for my pastor friend who is not currently in the pulpit to continue to seek Your will for his life. Lord, last night in Bible study You reminded us that You always win. No matter what is happening in our lives, even if we die, You win. I pray for favor and blessings over the deficit with the building project. May You open doors that need opened and close those that need closed. Most of all, may You win in this situation! Thank You Jesus for being My Glorious Day! Amen.

No comments: