Sunday, September 1, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 50:14-15 - "You Say"


God desires us to live in a way that will show His love oozing out of us. He desires us to not just say we are believers but to live as we are. As we live a live sold-out to Him, He will be pleased. In Psalm 50:14-15 in The Passion Translation it reads:

Why don’t you bring me the sacrifices I desire?
Bring me your true and sincere thanks,
and show your gratitude by keeping your promises to me, the Most High.
15 Honor me by trusting in me in your day of trouble.
Cry aloud to me, and I will be there to rescue you.

He does not ask us to live an impossible life. He just asks us to live a life that is mirrored of His life. He desires us to live a life that shows Him glory. During the night when He woke me to pray for pastors He had me pray for more pastors to realize the call upon their life to be more than just preaching/teaching. He had me pray for more pastors to realize the importance of living their entire life for Him. He directed me to pray for pastors to realize the importance of living a sanctified life so their decisions would be from Him. He had me pray for all pastors to realize life is not about them but instead needs to be about Him. He brought to my mind situations of pastors who are struggling in their ministry because they are not living in His presence. I struggle when He reveals things to me that I don't know yet I realize He has a purpose for everything He does. So I prayed for eyes to be opened and relationships with God to be restored in situations where pastors are pretending everything is 'ok' between them and God. I prayed for pastoral families that are living double lives. I prayed for pastors that feel ashamed of failure in their family unit to realize God brings such things into our lives to pull us deeper in our faith. The more we trust Him, the deeper our faith will go. He is always here to love on us in the way we most need it. All we have to do is stand upon II Timothy 1:7 and know He is our strength as we live out His love through every aspect of our life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors during the night! Thank You for the opportunity to pray for some situations that I was not aware of! Father, cleanse me today so You can fill me with more of You. I pray the same for all pastors. I pray pastors will seek more of You. I pray their faith will be taken deeper and they will trust You with their whole being. Lord, I pray for those who will be proclaiming the Gospel from the pulpit today to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Thank You for the gift You have given me to be able to preach today. I wish this privilege did not come because of Doc's issues with a blood clot but I am grateful to be able to do so. Heal him continues to be my prayer. Protect us from Hurricane Dorian. Give us wisdom with decisions that need made over these next few days. Father, protect all in its path. Lord, open up eyes and ears in pastors so more will live as You desire. Take away the fear some have of failing people and instill in them the necessity to please You. I pray for protection over some who are in volatile situations. Thank You Jesus for being My Most High! Amen.

2 comments:

David C Brown said...

All are to lay down their life for the brethren - not just pastors!

My Strength said...

I totally agree. The Lord has me praying for pastors on Saturday nights so my writing focuses on them.