Friday, August 23, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 29; Matthew 6:25-26 - "Do It Again"



The Lord took me to Psalm 29 this morning. I read it in different translations as I pondered upon David's words of encouragement. This Psalm speaks of God's power over everything. It speaks of His great power over nature such as thunder, trees, waters, etc. I thought of Matthew 6:25-26 that tells us we do not have to worry about our needs because God takes care of all His creation. The last verse of Psalm 29 blesses me in abundance.

God makes his people strong.
God gives his people peace. MSG

This is the one who gives his strength and might to his people.
This is the Lord giving us his kiss of peace. TPT

David is referring to believers who live a life for Him in this verse when he says, "His people." There is strength and peace found in the midst of the storms of life as we lean into God. It does not make sense in the humanly form but it does in the spiritual life. Even when the waves crash in one after another in a storm His strength and peace are there. All we have to do is accept them. We have to quit trying to figure things out for ourselves and allow Him to have control. A few weeks ago I prayed and prayed about a situation and finally felt at peace. Fast forward a few weeks and the situation changed back to the way I thought I wanted it to be. God was testing me to see if I would accept what He was saying to me. When I did accept it, I was at peace and thought everything was settled. I was a bit surprised when it changed but I should not have been. Nothing should surprise me about God. He loves us and wants what is best for us. He desires to give us the desires of our heart but what we desire needs to align with His desires. I love the phrase in The Passion Translation that describes God's peace. "...His kiss of peace." Woo hoo! That is all I desire in life. His peace. I know I can walk in it as I live in it. It may not make sense to some but that does not matter. All that matters is that it makes sense to me. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for David's writing of Psalm 29 that encourages me greatly to continue living in Your presence! Thank You for the way You provide exactly what I need, when I need it. Sometimes You provide even before I realize I have a need. Father, cleanse me today so You can fill me. I pray You will shine brightly through my words, actions, and attitude. Thank You for answered prayers with sleep last night. When I asked for 'good rest' with not having to get up to let the dog out, I remember praying for a miracle since the visiting one has woke me each night to go out. Wow, God! Even something such as this You provided! You are so awesome! It makes me think of the verse where it tells us 'we have not because we ask not'! Doc and I have been reading the miracles Scripture every night before going to bed. Lord, You provided so many miracles that are recorded in the Bible. We continue to pray for a miracle in his health. You have provided already with good blood work throughout the chemo. We pray for success to be shown from the chemo when he has his CT scan next week. Father, I pray for our friend Billie who lost a friend who was walking the same journey as her with breast cancer. We thank You for healing in Billie and pray for this family whose loved one received the ultimate healing with her journey. I continue to pray for so many on the journey with C and pray their journey will include You because You are greater than C. You will win in the end! Woo hoo! Thank You for being with Doc, Dale, Mike, John, two pastor friends, another friend, and many others as they continue their journey with C. Thank You for being Our Journey Definer! Amen.

No comments: