Saturday, August 24, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Galatians 5:22-23; Ephesians 6:10-18; Romans 8:6 - "Miracle of the Moment"


As we await Doc's cat scans and then the appointment for the results, we have a choice to make. We can either fret over the 'what ifs' or we can stand in God's empowerment in the knowledge He already knows the outcome. There is going to have to be a greater dependance upon Him to not allow the enemy an open door to cause chaos in our life. I do not want to be crabby over these next few days. I feel like I need to be protected from stressful situations that could pull me into my humanness taking over. I need to be more prayed up than ever before. I need to walk more deeply in II Timothy 1:7 than ever before. The enemy is out to destroy me. He wants to see me fall. But my God is greater than the enemy and He knows I will win when I stand in His love.God always wins...woo hoo! So I am declaring this morning that I will stand on II Timothy 1:7 in a new, different way. I will be more intentional in allowing His love to flow in and through me. I will pray for protection over the evil one more than ever. I will ask others to pray for me in this way. No matter what the outcome, God will be with me. I know that. I also know He already knows the outcome and that needs to be enough for me. When I was awake during the night and again this morning, I had a song Steven Curtis Chapman sings going through my mind.

So breathe it in and breathe it out 
Listen to your heartbeat 
There's a wonder in the here and now 
It's right there in front of you 
And I don't want you to miss  
The miracle of the moment 

There's only one who knows  
What's really out there waiting 
In all the moments yet to be 
And all we need to know 
Is He's out there waiting 
To Him the future's history 
And He has given us a treasure called right now 
And this is the only moment we can do anything about  
And if it brings you tears 

Yes! If I worry about the scan results, I may miss an opportunity He puts before me. If I allow the enemy to cloud my mind, he will temporarily win. If I am focused on the 'what ifs' of our life, I am not trusting God the way I should. Instead I need to focus on Him and today. I need to take my faith a step deeper and allow Him to work in this situation. That does not sound very easy to do but yet if God is my Focus, it will be. As I live in His presence, I will be empowered to live in His strength. Woo hoo! Yes! That is the desire of my heart. As I live in this manner, I will be filled with the fruit of the Spirit that Paul writes of in Galatians 5:22-23. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. The only way to have these fruit is to live by Paul's words found in Romans 8:6. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. The only way to be empowered by the Holy Spirit is to die to self and allow God free reign of my life. This life leads to a life of walking in obedience to His will. It also leads to a life of empowerment to live in His supernatural strength while on this earth so life with Him for eternity is possible. I must be more intentional in putting on the armor of God Paul writes of in Ephesians 6. As I do, He will protect me from the enemy and I will be blessed with eternal life. The peace He gives me on this earth will be my way of living as I do. This morning I am praying for Him to dress me with:
  • Belt of truth
  • Breastplate of righteousness
  • Shoes of readiness to walk in peace
  • Shield of faith
  • Helmet of salvation
  • Sword of the Spirit
As I pray for this, I am standing in His strength. I am praying for His focus and His empowerment. I am ready for this day.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You gave to me yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the way You are going to empower me to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 so the fruit of the Spirit of Galatians 5:22-23 will flow from me. Thank You the protection You have dressed me with through Ephesians 6:10-18. Thank You for the peace You are giving me as I live out Romans 8:6. The only way for me to live such a life is for me to die to self so You have full reign in my life. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray for people to see/hear You instead of me today. I pray for peace in my spirit in a mighty way. I pray for our outreach project this morning to be covered with Your peace. I pray against chaos that will cause disunity and crabbiness. May Your love blanket the morning in a mighty way. I pray for people to experience Your spirit from the moment they pull into the parking lot. Actually, I pray they experience it as they drive by the building. Father, be greater than all of the humans who will be handing supplies out. May Your love flow from them in a mighty way. I pray for Doc to have a better day today than yesterday; Dale as he awaits another doctor appointment; Bob's sister Maxine with chemo; Dan Bohi and his team as they continue to see miracles that are changing people's lives not only in the physical sense but especially in the spiritual sense; and so many others I am praying for. Thank You Jesus for being My Miracle Maker! Amen.

No comments: