Thursday, August 29, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"



Last night as I prayed II Timothy 1:7 over Doc I became emotional. The 'why, God?' popped into my mind. After praying, I asked God 'why?' again. Why is he getting beat up so bad with  physical issues? Why didn't God stop this blood clot from forming? What is the purpose of all of this? How much more is he going to suffer? My heart is breaking for him. This morning I woke with these words going through my head...

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine
And You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Saviour

The oceans are rising fast in our little world. Last night I told Doc we just have to "Be still" and know God is with us. That is getting harder to do but we cannot allow the enemy to win. We must stand firm in our faith and allow God to take us deeper in it. We must allow Him to take us deeper and stay in His presence. We may feel like we are drowning but we are not as long as we hold onto our Life Preserver. The storms are raging around us. Pancreatic cancer and the threat of Hurricane Dorian coming our way are chugging away in our little world BUT God is greater. His strength is greater. His love is greater. He can turn that hurricane back out into the ocean at any moment despite what the meteorologists say. He can give a completely clean CT scan today through a miraculous healing. I am going to intentionally stand upon II Timothy 1:7 today in a new, different way. I will be empowered by the Holy Spirit to stand against the enemy when he comes knocking at my door. I will live in God's strength in a way people will see only Him through me. Why? Because I do not have the answers to any of the questions I spoke out to the Lord with this morning. Instead I trust Him. I have faith that He knows the answers and that is good enough.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder that You empower me to live by faith! Thank You for the reminder that You are here for me throughout anything that comes my way! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me so I will be empowered with more of Your Holy Spirit. I pray for today as Doc goes for his CT scans for the cancer and with the pain he is in with the blood clot. I pray You will use the medicine to dissolve the clot quickly. Lord, I am asking You for a complete healing in his physical and emotional bodies. May he feel Your strength today in a new, different way. Lord, be greater than his physical issues. Empower him to lean more into You. Father, we both need Your presence more than ever in these storms of life. Father, give us wisdom. I know they say it can't happen but I also know nothing is impossible for You. Therefore, would You turn Hurricane Dorian out to sea so no one suffers from it? If that is not Your plan, then protect all in its path and give wisdom. Thank You Father for being Our Life Preserver. Amen.


No comments: