Saturday, September 5, 2015

Zephaniah 2 - "Even If"; "The More I Seek You"


Last night I was asked by a friend how I was doing. I replied: "adjusting to my new life...still praying it isn't to stay but whatever the Lord wants I will thrive in! " This morning I woke up singing Kutless' song "Even If" and was blessed by the memories of this week. God has given me Chaplain opportunities and that blesses me in abundance. Two nursing home visits, one pre-surgery visit and then a special time of praying and talking with a stranger right after she was given the news of her husband having cancer. He is still using me even with this adjustment of life. That blesses me so much. Just as this song goes, "dreams are still undone" yet I am reminded His will is my will and His time is my time. That is what a surrendered life is all about. 

Even if the healing doesn’t come
And life falls apart
And dreams are still undone
You are God You are good
Forever faithful One
Even if the healing
Even if the healing doesn’t come


Even if ...

  • the way life is right now is the way it will continue to be as long as I am on this earth, that's OK. 
  • I never am physically able to do 'what I use to do,' that's OK. 
  • things progress even further in my physical body that's OK.
Everything is OK when the Lord is in control. It doesn't mean I like everything but I will embrace whatever His will is. It was really strange this morning when I ask the Lord what scripture I was to read and He answered, "Zephaniah 2." I don't know when the last time I have read in Zephaniah but I followed His direction and did so. After the first couple times of reading it I thought it was about the nations and how they needed to repent. But then verses one through three hit me...

Gather together, gather yourselves together,
    you shameful nation,
before the decree takes effect
    and that day passes like windblown chaff,
before the Lord’s fierce anger
    comes upon you,
before the day of the Lord’s wrath
    comes upon you.
Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land,
    you who do what he commands.
Seek righteousness, seek humility;
    perhaps you will be sheltered
    on the day of the Lord’s anger.

Everyone on this earth needs to get ready for the Lord's return. We must seek Him and His will in order to spend eternity with Him. Yes, it takes work to be in relationship with Him but the blessings that pour from that work are phenomenal. I think of the words to the one song that go, "The more I seek You, the more I find You. The more I find You, the more I love You." That is exactly what happens when we allow the Holy Spirit to direct our lives. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this week of blessings. Thank You for the visits You enabled me to make. Thank You for being with my Momma. Thank You for the answers to prayer. Thank You for the room that became available at the rehab for the one I have been praying for. I pray He will find You while there. Thank You for the successful surgery of the little girl yesterday. I pray a continued healing in her body. Thank You for my husband who takes care of me so well. Lord, bless him with a healing in his physical body. Thank You for the opportunity to encourage 'Sharon' yesterday after she received the news of cancer in her husband. I pray for her and 'Bob' during these tough days ahead. I also pray her friends and family will be there to help her. I pray against the effect of the Parkinson's in her body. Father, I pray for the home visit that will be happening this weekend for my friend and her family. Lord, open doors of healing for these children. Lord, I pray for Your strength to be my strength. I pray for more of You and less of me. I don't know that I will leave this house today but even if I don't I pray someone will be encouraged by me today. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Seek and Am Surrendered To. Amen.


No comments: