Friday, September 4, 2015

Psalm 30:5; Romans 8:28-30 - "Before the Morning"



The Lord woke me up singing Josh Wilson's song called "Before the Morning." This song is full of hope when we get a 'bad' diagnosis. It is full of hope when waiting on a room to open up at a rehab. It give us hope when we are waiting on a decision to be made that we don't have any control over yet will effect the rest of our lives. It gives us hope as we await a second medical test. It gives us hope to keep trusting the Lord. He knows all and sees all. Even when we feel like we can't take one more thing, we should not give up because He is there for us. He is there to encourage us when we feel like we can't go on. I am so grateful for that. 

Would you dare would you dare to believe
That you still have a reason to sing
Cause the pain that you've been feeling
It can't compare to the joy that's coming
So hold on you gotta wait for the light
Press on and just fight the good fight
Cause the pain that you've been feeling
It's just the dark before the morning


My friend you know how this all ends
And You know where you're going
You just don't know how you'll get there
So say a prayer


And hold on cause there's good for those who love God
But life is not a snapshot
It might take a little time but you'll see the bigger picture


I cannot comprehend living without the Lord. It blows me away to think about getting up every day without Him in my life. How do people do it? How do they survive against all the things the enemy sends our way without having the Lord's strength? How can they fight without the full armor of God?

Come on you've gotta wait for the light
Press on and just fight the good fight
Cause the pain that you've been feeling
It's just the hurt before the healing
Oh the pain that you've been feeling
It's just the dark before the morning
Before the morning

Romans 8:28-30 is full of promises from the Lord for those who know Him and live for Him. I hold onto these promises each and every day as I go through the 'junk' of this world. It is the Lord that enables me to have hope and faith in Him as I wait for the 'morning' to come.

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

As I read these verses this morning, I am reminded of so many times I have felt like I couldn't take one more thing only to have the Lord bless me in abundance with His peace. This song was written about a couple who are friends of Josh Wilson were told they needed to abort their baby boy because of a heart issue. I remember the day they suggested to me to abort Ben due to a physical issue in the womb. Obviously, that was not even an option. After a month the sonogram technician decided it must have been a human error because there was nothing wrong with him. No, it was God's healing touch. When Ben was born, there was proof of a scar showing he indeed had an open spine in the womb. God healed him during that month of people praying. Why did He heal? Not only did He heal him because of the faith of many people but He healed him because He already had a call upon Ben's life. 

As I think about that healing and the many times He has healed me in the past, the question comes as to why is He not healing me now? I remember early in my time with MS hearing such things as, "You don't have enough faith...you aren't praying through." Or the question of, "What did you do so wrong that you are being punished?" I am so grateful for the peace the Lord gives me. It is only through the realization that His will must be the desire of my heart that I have His peace. I must remember that He is in control and whatever He wants me to learn from this time is what I need to learn. Just as morning comes each and every day after a night of rest it also comes when the Lord blesses us. Sometimes that blessing comes sooner than others but no matter what He never leaves us in the process. There are times when we have to wait for 'morning' to come where we feel like we can't hold on any longer but we have to have faith in the Lord and trust. Sometimes we get a glimpse of 'morning' with having a good day physically only to go back to the next day being the exact opposite. That is OK when we trust in the Lord. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning to remind me of the way You have brought me through some pretty tough things. Thank You for the peace You give me to get through each and every day. My faith and trust continues to grow in You. Lord, fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You in me. Father, You already know what I need in the day ahead. I pray for Your strength to come upon me in abundance. Lord, Your will...Your will...that is what I am praying for. In Your time decisions will be made and until Your time comes fill me with more faith and trust. Lord, I pray for the one waiting on the room at rehab to experience You today. Be so very real to him and his family. Thank You Jesus for being My Joy in the Morning! Amen.


No comments: