Monday, September 28, 2015

Romans 8:5-8 - "Hold Me Jesus"


Last night was a night of praying. Throughout the night the Lord woke me up to pray for so many different people/situations. Every time He woke me a song by Rich Mullins was going through my mind...

So hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf
You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace


The lyrics to this song talk about having a small faith in times of facing tough stuff. It also talks about resisting surrendering one's life over to the Lord. When surrender happens, then there is peace in the midst of storms. It is no longer 'I can't handle another thing!' to 'Lord, I know You will see me through these tough times!' My prayers are for the ones I am praying for to be to that point in life...

  • the family who lost a loved one yesterday
  • the one facing surgery tomorrow
  • the one facing surgery Wednesday
  • the young couple with a premie baby girl
  • the young lady who is dealing with rejection and seeking the Lord's will for her life
  • the two going to physical therapy
  • the alcoholic who needs the Lord to become real to him
  • the recovering alcoholic who needs to know the Lord is his strength
  • the one recently diagnosed with cancer
  • the ones who recently surrendered to the Lord and need to be strong in their faith
  • the ones recently healed from sickness and need to share their healing
  • the one the Lord continues to lay on my heart to pray for that is living a lie in believing she is 'ok' in her spiritual life
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for our time together throughout the night. Thank You for blessing me with another hour of sleep this morning when I just didn't feel like I could get up yet. Lord, bless my prayers for all of the ones I am praying for. Most of all I pray for their spiritual lives to be where they need to be. I pray for their dependence to be upon You and not people, alcohol, drugs, etc. I pray for eyes to be opened up to Your empowerment that is available to them. I pray for the richness of Your love, grace and mercy to come down upon them in a way they have never experienced before. Lord, I also pray for more of You and less of me to show through my spirit today. I don't know if I will leave this house but I do know You will show through me in my words and actions. Father, fill me to overflowing. Lord, I pray for Your guidance as I start another week of school. Thank You for the opportunities You gave me to encourage my classmates last week. I pray You will use me in this setting in a mighty way. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace. Amen.

No comments: