Tuesday, September 15, 2015

II Timothy 4 - "Healer"

Yesterday a friend sent me this picture...


I am so grateful for this special lady the Lord has put into my life. I am grateful for the way God speaks to people and in their obedience others are encouraged. I was encouraged at the SDMI Convention by the speaker in some mighty ways. I felt like he was speaking to me in the beginning of our time together. When he asked, "Did you expect to hear from God today?" my answer was "Yes! I expect to hear from him every day." Another statement he put before us was, "Whatever you need today God is the service of." I pondered on that and was blessed in the reinforcement of that concept. I trust the Lord each and every day for everything. I have faith in Him that He will provide. Pastor Cushman gave an illustration about the Red Sea. He said we've all been to the edge of the Red Sea with a problem that appears too big. Yet God is right there with us. He will part our 'Red Sea' when and if it is in His will. The important thing to remember is that it will be in His time. As I wait for the parting of my 'Red Sea' I am trusting the Lord to reveal to me exactly what He desires of me to learn. I know this may be a time of testing from the Lord. I also know it definitely is a time of teaching from Him. I truly believe this time of teaching started six months ago on the Sea of Galilee when the Lord told me to 'go deeper.' I am not sure what all He wants me to learn but I have been confident this MS exacerbation is from the Lord and not the enemy. It was not until this past weekend that I began to have feelings as Job had. Then I began to wonder if the enemy was attacking. But yesterday when I received this from a friend I was reminded of who is in charge...

"Praying for your peace and continued confidence in our Savior's all sufficient grace and strength. I'm also praying that your ministry will continue to thrive. Don't lose hope my friend. I love you so." 

When I woke up this morning, a friend shared that when she was praying for Doc and I this verse was brought to her mind....


As I read II Timothy 4, I was reminded of how the apostle Paul felt as he wrote it to Timothy. Paul was reminding Timothy in chapter four to continue being diligent in his life for Christ. Paul was getting to the end of his life on this earth and was looking forward to eternal life with the Lord. He cautioned Timothy that people would not always treat him as they should. Some would desert him because of his beliefs and the enemy would be knocking at his door to tear his faith down. Paul shared these things because they had happened to him. I love his testimony in verse eighteen...

The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Dear Jesus,
I am standing on Paul's words in II Timothy 4:17 as I continue to wait for the parting of my 'Red Sea.' I guess when I think about it there are a few 'partings' in life right now. Insurance, disability appeal, running out of medication, not getting a check this month could all be some 'partings of the Red Sea' that I'm facing. But Father I know You are in control. I know Your time is the best time for these things to be taken care of. Father, while I wait I pray for more of You and less of me in order to not lose sight of what You desire of me. I pray for Your command to 'go deeper' to be continually sought in my life. Lord, use me to be the servant You have called me to be. Enable me to knock the enemy down when he comes knocking. Father, thank You so much for the people You put into my life to encourage me. Lord, I pray for the alcoholic who does not know You to be encouraged today by someone who will bring You to him. I pray for the young mother with the premature baby to feel Your presence as she is alone at the hospital so many hours with her little one. I pray for people to be of encouragement to her in some mighty ways. Lord, You blessed me Saturday with "Healer" coming to my mind as Pastor Cushman was speaking and then for bringing it to me this morning. I do believe You are all I need and that nothing is impossible for You! Thank You for being My Encourager! Amen.

No comments: