Saturday, September 26, 2015

I Peter 5:7-10 - "Cast My Cares"


Once again this morning I woke up singing...

I will cast my cares on you
You're the anchor of my hope
The only one who's in control
I will cast my cares on you
I'll trade the troubles of this world
For your peace inside my soul


I woke up several times during the night and prayed for one who is going through a tough time physically. Then the Lord brought to my mind the one with a premie in the hospital so I prayed for that family. Another one who is in therapy after a recent surgery came to my mind so I prayed for her. There are so many different situations but yet the same answer for all...Jesus. He is our strength when we feel like we can't go on. He is our hope when things of this world let us done. He is our peace in the midst of the storm. He is. Plain and simple. He is. When we rely on Him, He promises us to be with us every step of the way. I love the promises in I Peter 5:8-10...

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. (NIV)
Yes! He "...will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." Woo hoo! I need to repeat those words. He "...will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." What an amazing promise to hold onto! And how can we receive this promise? By casting our cares on Him and then believing and receiving His blessing. It is in this process that we will find His peace.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of this promise this morning. Lord, I pray once again for those who I prayed for during the night. Father, bless my prayers. I also pray for a blessing to be upon me as I seek more of You and less of me. Lord, You are the Only Way to live. Oh how I pray for more people to come to that realization. Speak to people today in a way they will not only hear but especially listen. Thank You Jesus for being My Only Way. Amen.


No comments: