Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Day One"


The Lord woke me up to the song "Day One" this morning. This was appropriate as I had prayed off and on all night for one who needs the Lord so greatly. He is going through a tough time with his alcoholism and wanting to leave rehab. I have prayed over and over for someone to be Jesus to him. I also was praying during the night for him to stay in rehab and was startled when the Lord said, "What if it is not my will?" Why would him leaving rehab be the Lord's will? That just doesn't make sense to me. The Lord didn't give me the answer but I quit praying for him to stay there and started praying for the Lord's will. I hope it is the Lord's will that he stays and gets the help he needs but if it is not then I pray for the Lord's will to be that he goes some place even better. Maybe the Lord was opening my eyes that I was praying what I thought should happen instead of for His will. So many times we think we know how the ending should be in a situation and pray in that direction instead of praying for His will. I continue to pray for this man to be able to get to the end of himself and accept the Lord. I pray today will be the day he will know the true meaning of these words...

It's day one of the rest of my life
It's day one of the best of my life
I'm marching on to the beat of a brand new drum
Yeah, here I come 
The future has begun
Day one


I also pray for believers to get to the point in life where they surrender every aspect of their life to live the life the Lord so desires for all of us. A life where we will know and live...

Well, every single day Your grace reminds me
That my best days are not behind me
Wherever my yesterday may find me
Well, I don't have to stay there


The enemy brings up our past but the Lord knows our future.
People tear us down with words and actions but the Lord encourages us with His love.
We, ourselves, think we are worthless but the Lord knows our worth to be great.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being who You are in my life. Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace that enables me to be Your servant. Thank You for the opportunities You will give me today to be Jesus to others. Father, be with this one in rehab. Lord, give him an extra dose of You today. I pray for someone to come before him that will encourage him with Your love today. Lord, Your will be done in his life is my prayer. Encourage his dear family with more of You. Father, direct me today to be the servant You have called me to be. Fill me with more of You and less of me. Thank You Jesus for being My Life Giver. Amen.



No comments: