Saturday, September 19, 2015

Matthew 16:18 - "We Believe"


Sometimes the Lord wakes me up during the night to pray. Last night I was awake so many times but didn't feel like it was the Lord waking me. I felt like I had given the enemy a foothold and he was the one causing me to wake up. I started praying for the Lord to be greater than the enemy. I prayed for sleep to overtake me. Before I fell back to sleep He gave me the song "We Believe" to ponder upon...

We believe in God the Father
We believe in Jesus Christ
We believe in the Holy Spirit
And He's given us new life
We believe in the crucifixion
We believe that He conquered death
We believe in the resurrection
And He's comin' back again, we believe


As I fell asleep I thought, "oh it will be so nice to sleep the rest of the night...I need strength for tomorrow." A short while later I was awake again and wondered why the Lord woke me again. He told me to quit being crabby in my spirit. Ouch! I had allowed circumstances of life to make me crabby. Once again, He brought this song to my mind...

So, let our faith be more than anthems
Greater than the songs we sing
And in our weakness and temptations
We believe, We believe!



Yes! I need to have a stronger faith to enable me to stand when life is tough. I need to believe Him in my actions more. My faith can not be just words but must be in my actions too. I need to believe more. I started praying and asking for forgiveness and I thought about how I've been praying during this time of Rosh Hoshanah. I've been asking the Lord to reveal things to me that need out of my life. Woo hoo! He is so good! As I began praising Him during the night He reminded me of the command He gave me last spring to "go deeper!" I want to be in relationship with Him exactly where He wants me to be. I want to live His will. 

My most favorite part of this song is...

And the gates of hell will not prevail!
For the power of God Has torn the veil!
Now we know Your love will never fail!
We believe, We believe!



Yes! The Lord reminded me of the place of Peter's reinstatement that we visited by the Sea of Galilee. He reminded me of the things He said to me and how much He loves me. He reminded me of the small rock that He pointed out to me. He reminded me of our relationship being 'smooth' and I was so blessed. He was not the least bit surprised by my crabbiness...nothing surprises Him. Did it change the way He feels about me? No! He loves me no matter what. That is why He turned the situation the enemy was trying to have in my life into a God-revealing moment. I love the idea that He intercedes for me (Romans 8:34) just as He interceded for Peter. He will use me just as He used Peter when I am a willing believer.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all You do to show Your love for me. Thank You for the sacrifice You made on the cross for me. Thank You for the revelation You gave me during the night that my faith needs to go deeper. Lord, cleanse me of anything that is not of You. Fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me. Oh Jesus, how I want to live Your will out in my life. How I so desire to be more like You. Thank You Father for being My Interceder. Amen!


No comments: