Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Psalm 43 - "Hope In Front Of Me"


I love mornings when the clock is set yet the Lord wakes me up early. Oh my! It was not all that many years ago I would have not been able to say that. There are still times when He wakes me in the middle of the night that I ask if I can go back to sleep but when it's morning it makes me happy. As I start conversing with Him, I realize that is where the difference is. I no longer just pray and pray and pray with petitions. My relationship has gone to a whole new level. I now bask in His presence as I give Him my petitions and as I converse with Him. That is the difference. He converses with me. Not only do I hear His voice but we converse. I remember one time as a little girl being afraid. I heard His voice with a vision He gave me of Himself being in the room with me. When I remember that night and how He sounded, His voice sounds the same today but there is such intimacy between us. This morning He reminded me of that childhood moment when He woke me up. After getting up He said, "Daughter read Psalm 43."

He knows me. He knows what I need to read/hear. He knows the way I will be encouraged by His words. Woo hoo! He knows me! Last night as I fell apart emotionally I was blessed through a friend's words. This morning when he woke me up twenty minutes before the clock went off I was once again blessed with the realization of being in His presence. As we conversed, I was blessed with the reminder that He is with me every single moment of every single day. But it is more than just 'knowing' He is there if I need Him, as my relationship use to be. Now it is living with Him 24/7...conversing with Him...being consumed by Him.

This Psalm reinforces so many things in what I needed reminded of this morning. I like the words of Matthew Henry...

We are still to pray for the Spirit of light and truth, who supplies the want of Christ's bodily presence, to guide us in the way to heaven. Whatever we rejoice or triumph in, the Lord must be the joy of it. David applies to God as his never-failing hope. Let us pray earnestly, that the Lord would send forth the truth of his word, and the light of his Spirit, to guide us into the way of holiness, peace, and salvation. The desire of the Christian, like that of the prophet in distress, is to be saved from sin as well as sorrow; to be taught in the way of righteousness by the light of heavenly wisdom, shining in Jesus Christ, and to be led by this light and truth to the New Jerusalem.

Dear Jesus,
Just as David prayed for You to forgive him and be his strength against the enemy, I do also. I claim Psalm 43:3-4 this morning as You continue me on this path of life on earth but most importantly on the path for eternal life with You.

Send me your light and your faithful care,
    let them lead me;
let them bring me to your holy mountain,
    to the place where you dwell.
Then I will go to the altar of God,
    to God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the lyre,
    O God, my God.


Oh Dear Jesus, how I desire to walk in Your light. How I desire to live with You for eternity. Lord, fill me with more of You and less of me in this day ahead. I am so excited that I will have opportunities outside of this house today to be a beacon of light for You. Woo hoo! Thank You in advance for the strength You will provide in my physical body but most importantly for the strength You will provide in my spiritual body. I am ready to burst I am so excited! Fill me to overflowing with more of You and flow from me, Lord. Thank You for the song "Hope In Front of Me" being on KLOVE when I turned it on this morning! Thank You Jesus for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: