Thursday, September 17, 2015

Joshua 1 - "Courageous"

As I was reading the first chapter of Joshua I thought about the feelings Joshua must have went through as the Lord directed him to succeed Moses in leading the Israelites. In my mind, I get the picture that Joshua had already started assuming some of that role during the time of mourning for Moses. Chapter one of Joshua shows how God taught them on how to go forward. Three times Joshua is told "be strong and courageous" in just this one short chapter (vs. 6, 7, 9). As I think back on Joshua's life, he could follow this direction well because of the things he had already been through. He was with Moses during the time of the plagues and the exodus from Egypt. He also had been with Moses for many years so he need the type of leadership Moses gave to the people. Most of all he knew the type of relationship Moses had with God. Therefore, he knew it takes great faith and obedience to be God's servant. He knew he had to follow the Lord's words spoken to him....


We must follow Joshua's example.....

  • We must be willing to do as the Lord asks of us. 
  • We must not allow fear to stop us from doing His will.
  • We must not allow the enemy to discourage us in our mission.
  • We must remember the Lord is always with us.
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the example of Joshua. Thank You for reminding me of his great faith and his willingness to do what You asked of him. Lord, I want to be like Joshua. I want to take what You ask of me and do it in a way that will be pleasing to You. Lord, speak to me today in a way that will show me You in a greater way than ever before. Fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me. Jesus, use my words and actions to draw someone closer to You. Father, I pray for an anointing upon my husband today in a way that will be so clearly seen by all that You are His God. I pray for protection over him...physical, spiritual, mental, emotional...may Your strength be his strength in a whole new way today. Thank You Jesus for being Our Leader. Amen.


No comments: