Monday, September 21, 2015

Psalm 41 - "Not To Us"

The Lord woke me in the middle of the night with a vision that just does not make sense. It was of a baby in a baby walker. But instead of sitting in it right the baby was sitting sideways, sort of. The way the baby was sitting is not possible. It was weird. But then He said "Daughter, when you use the tools given to you and go down the right path you can be a more effective servant." Alrighty then...now to figure out what that means. Which 'tools' do I need to fine-tune? Have I been going down a wrong path? As I am pondering all of this I hear the Lord clearly say, "Psalm 41" so I read it and reread it. I asked Him to reveal to me how the vision and this Psalm go together. God is not One of confusion yet I feel confused on how this all ties together. 

In this Psalm David is talking about the sick. Is it a physical sickness or a spiritual sickness? David repents of sinning against the Lord and asks for mercy. He also talks about his 'enemies' wanting to see him fail or die. It appears as if David is feeling like his physical body's problems are causing his spiritual body to have issues. That can happen all to often when our physical bodies deal with issues. Sometimes feelings of doubt creep in or people say things that tear us down. Either of those situations can cause us to lose our site on the Lord. Matthew Henry writes:

Sin is the sickness of the soul; pardoning mercy heals it, renewing grace heals it, and for this spiritual healing we should be more earnest than for bodily health.

I may not be able to do what I 'use to do' but the Lord can still flow from me in a mighty way. I just have to make sure to not allow the enemy to tell me otherwise. I can't allow the way people treat me or the things they say to me to tear me down. I must keep looking to the Lord and listening to His direction. I am so thankful for the disposition the Lord instilled in me through my parents. I have always been a "I can do this" type of person even when I didn't know how or was afraid to do something. That disposition has become even stronger through my faith in the Lord. I am so thankful for this 'new norm' in my life because He is using it to draw me closer into relationship with Him. I may not like the challenges that go along with it but anytime I start to grumble I remember what I have gained from it.

This was the song on my lips this morning...

not to us
but to YOUR name be the glory
not to us
but to YOUR name be the glory

our hearts unfold before YOUR throne
the only place for those who know
it's not for us
it's all for YOU

send YOUR holy fire on this offering
let our worship burn for the world to see
it's not for us
it's all for YOU
for YOU


Dear Jesus,
Yes, yes, yes...You are to be glorified! Lord, everything I do...every word I say...may You be glorified! Father, I am still a bit perplexed over what You gave me during the night but I know You will reveal to me exactly what I am to receive from it. Nothing You do or say is an accident and for that I am so grateful. Lord, point me in the right direction on what path and what manner to use the tools You give to me. I pray for more of You and less of me in order to be a more effective servant. Fill me to overflowing...bless me in abundance...oh how I want You to be pleased with me. Thank You Jesus for being My Glory! Amen.



No comments: