Friday, September 18, 2015

Exodus 20 - Paul Wilbur

As I continue reflecting and praying through the Ten Commandments for Rosh Hashanah, I keep asking the Lord to reveal to me things I need to take care of in my spiritual life. I ask Him to draw me closer to Him and to use me more as His servant. I was thinking about how this Biblical holiday is celebrated as the New Year. Many times in our society we look at our traditional New Year as being a time to reflect but also to be a time where we start something new. A new diet, a new exercise program, etc. Unfortunately, many times our 'resolutions' go by the wayside in a short time. I pray the things the Lord reveals to me through this time to change or modify will be with me from this day on. I don't want to do what He asks of me just for a short time. When I think about the sweetness of the honey on the apple that we had last Wednesday night with the children, I am reminded of just how sweet life is when Christ is the center of it. As I blew the shofar for them, I was blessed in knowing the Lord enabled me to blow it. Hearing the sound of the shofar gave me the 'Holy Spirit goosebumps' as I thought about how many of the children live with things that are not of God. The sound from the shofar was like a covering over each and every one in the room. I was reading where the person who blows the shofar is called a Tokea which literally means "blaster." I like the idea that I 'blasted' the enemy out their lives and pray for the Lord to be greater than the enemy in every situation they deal with. I love what I was reading this morning....

The breath used by the Tokea to make the sounds of the shofar are also associated with the breathe of life, which God first breathed into Adam upon the creation of humanity.

Oh how I like the idea of breathing life over the children...so many need the holy breathe of God over their lives. I pray each one will remember that time, ponder upon it and allow God to speak to them. It may not be today; it may not even be this year. But at some point in time I pray they will receive a revelation from Him from that evening.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me in so many ways but especially when You reveal things to me. Lord, I pray for forgiveness for anything I have done against You. As I pray through the Ten Commandments I pray for revelation. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me. Show me the way to living a life full of Your will to a greater extent than I already am. Father, today I am praying for You to be revealed to some people who know You yet are not living a life for You. I pray their eyes will be opened up to Your will. Lord, whatever it takes for them to come into relationship with You is my prayer. Thank You Jesus for being My Will. Amen.


No comments: