Thursday, September 24, 2015

Romans 15:13 - "Through All Of It"

Walking through Kingwood Center yesterday...seeing the beauty...smelling the different fragrances...I was overwhelmed with all of God's masterpiece. While I was waiting on Doc to get our lunch I started singing "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" and tears came to my eyes.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide; 
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Wow! "Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth"...yes! He accepted me back when I ran away from Him. The peace that I found that day has grown so much as I live in His presence each and every day. He is definitely my "Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow..." Without Him I am nothing but with Him I am hopeful. This morning I woke up singing "Through All Of It" that Colton Dixon sings...

I have won
And I have lost
I got it right sometimes, but sometimes I did not
Life's been a journey
I've seen joy, I've seen regret
Oh, and You have been my God through all of it
Oh, through all of it


Yes, I have seen joy and I've seen regret. But thankfully I have learned I need to live with no regrets. As I hear the Lord directing me and as I am obedient to Him I have no regrets. He strengthens me with His love to be prepared for situations as they arise. He strengthens me with physical and emotional strength to do what He asks of me. Sometimes I want to do more or something different but as long as I am being obedient and do as He asks life is good. He is my joy. He is the One to bless me in abundance. He is the One to answer my prayers. He is my hope.


Romans 15:13 is a verse I cling to each and every day. Without the power of the Holy Spirit I am nothing. My joy and hope are not built on things that will pass away. With the power of the Holy Spirit I am alive with great hope, great joy and especially great peace! Woo hoo! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your faithfulness in my life! Thank You for loving me enough to draw me back into relationship with You when I fell away. Thank You for Your hope, joy and peace that I receive each and every day from the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. Lord, You are so awesome! I pray for more of You and less of me today in order for me to live as You so desire. I'm not sure if I will leave this house but it doesn't matter. I know You will use me in some way today to be You to others. Guide my words in my speaking...guide my steps in my actions...be my Guide in all things. Thank You for an awesome day yesterday to celebrate our anniversary. You are so good, Lord. Bless my husband today with a renewed spirit, body and mind. Thank You Lord for being My Joy! Amen.


No comments: