Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Psalm 119 - "Open The Floodgates Of Heaven"


Dan Bohi asked some challenging questions last night toward the end of the service. "What is your relationship with His Book...

  • Are you dating? You only read it when you are bored, have nothing else to do or have the time
  • Are you engaged? You like the benefits of a relationship yet you are not quite ready to make a full commitment
  • Are you madly in love? You are passionate about spending time in it
Praise God I am in the 'madly in love' stage and fall deeper each and every day. My day is not right until I have my time with the Lord. The more I read His Book, the more I desire to know more. My spiritual life took a turn when I went from reading for information to seeking the Lord's intent for my reading. I came upon a term called lectio divina awhile back. When we sit down to read the Scriptures and allow them to speak to us, we will be transformed. This is something that I struggle with from time to time with my classes. I need to study the scriptures and tear them apart as in an exegetical study. But yet I need to make sure that I also take time to allow them to speak to me. I must be silent and wait to hear from the Lord before preceding on in the process of reading His Word. Being silent is so hard for many but when I learned this aspect in regard to hearing from the Lord I was so blessed.


I remember the days where I was in the dating stage as Brother Dan mentioned. I would hurry through reading Scripture when there was time in my schedule. Sometimes there would be days or weeks without having time for reading. I am thankful for the day the Lord brought me to my knees to repent of such actions. My time is His time. The more I give Him back of what belongs to Him, the more He blesses me. I had someone tell me, "You are disabled...you have all the time in the world." My response was, "We all have twenty-four hours in our days and we all have a choice on how we fill those twenty-four hours." I don't think they liked that response but it is the truth. My days could be spent watching TV, playing games on the computer, etc. I do those things occasionally but not like I use to. My days are filled with what the Lord desires. I know what He desires by living in His presence. Part of living in His presence is being in His Word.

Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome in the way You speak through Your people. Last night as Brother Dan was sharing what You had given Him on the last days I was so blessed in so many ways. First of all, his obedience blessed me. When we walked in and I saw how he looked, I began praying for You to fill him to overflowing with what You had put on his heart. Praise You Jesus that is exactly what You did! Lord, I am so blessed by the way you fill me to overflowing to be Your servant. What a blessing to be obsessed with You! Woo hoo! Yes, Lord, yes! That is my response to the desires of Your heart for me. I pray You will take anything out of me that may be between us and fill me with more of You. Lord, I pray for more people to see the benefit of living a surrendered life for You. I pray for more believers to be on their knees seeking Your will in their life. I pray for more opportunities to share You with others. Oh, Jesus, open the floodgates and rain down on Your people! Thank You Jesus for being My Obsession! Amen.

No comments: