Wednesday, September 2, 2015

II Chronicles 20:15 - "Deliverer"

Yesterday was a roller coaster type of day. I don't like roller coasters at all because of the way I get sick from the ups and downs and going all around. Anytime I have rode one I would have anticipation (and dread) while waiting to get on. I would think this will be the time I will enjoy this only to go through all kinds of emotions while on the ride. Yes, that is how yesterday was. Oh how I enjoyed seeing my friends at the Ministerial meeting. And then to make two visits at the nursing home was so wonderful. But what had started from the moment I woke up and intensified as the day wore on was the part I did not like about yesterday. I am use to MS tingling in my legs and occasionally my face. Yesterday, though, was my face/neck/head continually and very intense. It not only wore me out physically but also made me crabby. I was thankful for the time I had with our small group last night but by the time we got home I was struggling. After a late supper I told by hubby I had to finish a paper for school if the rest of the week was going to happen as I wanted but I just felt like crying. Just as I sit down with my laptop I heard my phone make a noise. I picked it up to read this text from a friend:

2 Chron 20:15. Do not be afraid or discouraged, the battle is not yours but God's!! Prayying for you and Doc tonight Love

Wow! The Lord is so good in the way He uses people to encourage me. Earlier in the evening I received this from another friend...


After being at the hospital yesterday and seeing my friends my heart aches to be back there and she knows that. At this point that door is closed. I continue to pray for it to be opened back up but I also pray only if it is God's will for that to happen. This picture reminds me that He does have a plan for me. As I read Brandy's text with II Chronicles 20:15 I was reminded I don't have to "...be afraid or discouraged..." This MS exasperation is His battle. As I write that, I wonder how long is it considered an exasperation and at what point is it a new way of life. It has been almost four months...maybe this is the way things will be now. Therapy is now done on my own even though there was only a couple points improvement at my last assessment.

As I climbed out of bed this morning, this message came to me from another friend...

Praying for you my friend. Love and hugs

I am so blessed by people's obedience to listening to Him. It makes me even more aware of the need to do something when the Holy Spirit prompts me to do it. All three of these ladies were obedient to the prompting of the Holy Spirit and in turn blessed me.

Another way I have been encouraged in the last ten hours is through a song the Lord woke me up with this morning. "Deliver" by Matt Mahrer. He is my Deliverer each and every day! He delivers me from 'junk' of this world. He sets me free from being captive to sin. Yes! "For everything that will be done...I am Yours and You are my Deliverer!" Woo hoo!

Oh, God, You're my deliverer
The One, the One who carries us
Oh, God, You're my deliverer
The One, the One who carries us

And now I'm like a child at night
Who never has to think of why
We're free to love and live and die
And there's no need to justify
The sinner that's inside of me
Has lost all his control of me
My God, from the flood and from the fire
You brought me out, I am alive
With a faith just like a child
I'm not afraid, I'm running wild
For everything that will be done
I am Yours and You are my
Deliverer
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You remind me of who You are in my life! Thank You for the things that were learned in small group last night and for the fun while learning them! Thank You for my friends who are obedient to You when given a task to encourage me! Thank You for delivering me out of the 'junk' of this world! Lord, You know the struggles I am having with making the decision about what to do with going to Mom's surgery. Father, You know my heart...You know what I want to do but You also know what I should and can do. Give me wisdom. Enable me to know Your will. Lord, I know stress is my enemy and I pray against it having any control over me today. I pray You will deliver me from the stress of this decision and the stress over this paper. Lord, fill me with more of You and less of me in order that I will flow from You. I also pray for more of You in me so I will know Your will. Father, once again, thank You for blessing me with so many encouragers in my life. As I said last night, I can't imagine life without You. Thank You Jesus for being My Deliverer. Amen.


No comments: