Thursday, June 2, 2022

Romans 8:28 - "perfection"

I woke up with a song Switch sings called "perfection" and thought about how hard we can be on ourselves. It seems like it is especially common with young girls to be hard on themselves but I see it a lot in ladies too. It is sad when people tear themselves down over and over again. It is also sad to see/hear people tear others down. That normally happens due to their own insecurities. God does not want us to tear ourselves or others down. We are His creation and He is proud of us. I get upset with myself for my weight gain yet I still eat. I have been told I'm 'too old' to be wearing my hair long yet I like it long so continue. My internal being is more important than my external. The most important thing for me in life is to live in God's will. I love to make Him smile and do so every chance I get. It encourages me when in the midst of a trying time to have His joy and peace. I know when I am facing an important decision He is there with His wisdom. I also know when I feel lonely He is there to love me through such times. I was told yesterday I was independent which I agreed with but I am dependent on God which is the most important One to be dependent upon. The words to this song have so much meaning...

Never measure up
But You are my enough
And sometimes I fail
And sometimes I can't do it well (Ah-ah)
If they walk away
You don't walk away
You tell me I'm worth it still
'Cause when all I see are the flaws, You see perfection, perfection
Looking through this mess of a heart, You see perfection, perfection
Show me what's behind Your eyes
Don't think I can trust in mine
When all I see are the flaws, You see perfection, perfection

Yes! I am perfect in God's eyes! When I make mistakes, they do not define me but rather I learn from them. Praise His Holy Name! 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the safe travels home yesterday and the ones who came out for the Summer Kickoff last night! Thank You for Carol, Cait, and Alex's hard work last evening! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be heard/seen in my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray Your wisdom and Your peace for decisions ahead. Lord, thank You for seeing 'perfection' in me. Thank You for all who encourage me throughout my days! I pray encouragement over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Vivian; Jo Ann; some young ladies with anxiety; Owen and his family; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; Little Judson; and a friend. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Laurie, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Creator! Amen. 

No comments: