Friday, June 24, 2022

Joshua 1:9 - "Promised Land"


I woke up with the song "Promised Land" going through my mind. I love how God works! Yesterday started off with challenges and continued with more of them throughout the day. Waking up to eighty degrees in the house with the AC on was not a 'good' thing to experience. Receiving news of a dear man put on comfort care soon followed. Right before getting to Marion she had a fall but thankfully there were no broken bones. The AC repairman postponed coming to look at my AC. In the midst of all of this my MS decided it would be the perfect day to cause me issues so the tingling began. First in my face and then various other parts of my body. I prayed, I cried, and I asked others to pray for me. At the end of the day I was exhausted and prayed for a good night's rest. I am so thankful for Alexander for bringing over window units to get the house cooled down. Eighty-nine is hot for an outside temp but really hot inside. I also am grateful God blessed me a solid eight hours of sleep. Today is another day. I do not know what it holds but God does. I do not know if my AC is fixable and if so what the cost will be but He knows. I am one blessed lady to live in this knowledge. I look forward to meeting a new friend for coffee this morning and some old friends for lunch. I look forward to being who God has called me to be as I shine brightly for Him. I look forward to the tingling to calm down. Plain and simple. I look forward to the day ahead. Most importantly I look forward to when life on this earth will be no longer and I will be walking the streets of gold. This song has great meaning to me....

I won't give up on this race
Broken but I still have faith
That this old life is all part of a plan
And I can feel it in my soul
One day I'll stand before the throne
With nothing left but hope in these two hands

Through all these seasons, I'm still believin'
You're my promised land
In all my grievin' I'm still believin'
You're my promise land

No matter what happens on this earth as long as I continue on the road He directs me I know I will be with Him for eternity. I do not have to fear anything. I can stand in His promises such as Joshua 1:9 knowing whatever happens is in God's hands.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the challenges of yesterday that continue to pull me closer to You! Thank You for every bit of this tingling that drives me crazy! Thank You for Chris coming over to check on my AC and for Alexander bringing the window units! Oh how I pray when the AC repairman comes it is an easy fix. I pray for the financial aspect of the fix too. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May I shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May people know You are my strength. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. I pray especially for those who are not in relationship with You to find You and for those in relationship with You to go deeper in their faith. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; my cousin Susan; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; Serena and her husband; Jo Ann; Owen; Vivienne; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; Chrissy; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and Baby Henry! Lord, may You be so near to those with prodigals. Thank You for being My Promise Land! Amen. 

No comments: