Friday, June 3, 2022

Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "Fires"

I have heard so many times people say they thought life was going to be easier once they started living for the Lord. That is true in the sense You have His peace in the midst of the storms of life but there will be storms. The purpose of storms is to draw us closer to Him. Our faith is taken deeper through such times. It amazes me how people will turn away from God when times get tough. Such times need to find us turning to Him. My heart breaks for those who thrive on drama in their life. It hurts for those who cannot be happy because they are always needing more. This morning He woke me with the song "Fires" on my mind. These words are where I choose to live...

I'm changed by Your mercy
Covered by Your peace
I'm living out the victory
Doesn't mean I won't feel the heat

Yes! The only way to live is with His strength, peace, and joy. Loving Him to the point it is more important to please Him than anything is where that such things are found. Pleasing Him instead of others is so important in life. God desires us to be happy but most importantly He desires us to be holy. I strive every day to put a smile on His face and He sure does put a smile on my face. I strive to live as He desires of me so I will not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to Him. I am reminded this morning of the words of Jeremiah 29:11-13 and bask in His love, hope, and peace. There are so many unknowns in life yet I must remember He knows all. I do not need to fret over all on the calendar but instead must allow Him to work in and through me. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities to love with Your love yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for coffee and a walk with my new friend Tom and for meeting a new friend last night at Sherry's house for Women Helping Women! You are so awesome in the way You continue to bring new people into my life. Thank You for Kayla passing her test yesterday and for protecting her in the fender-bender she experienced. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me as You shine brightly through me. I pray Your peace over many going through tough days. May they all lean into You. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Vivian; Jo Ann; some young ladies with anxiety; Owen and his family; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; Little Judson; and the family of a lady in her last days who was put on Hospice. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Laurie, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Peace! Amen. 

1 comment:

Sandi said...

"You have His peace in the midst of the storms of life..."

💚

I once heard a Christian speaker say that above all else God wants us to be happy. It took my breath away because that is not true. God desires us to be Holy.