Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Psalm 59; Jeremiah 33:3 - "God You Are"


Yesterday was a day where I felt like a failure. I failed at getting my steps in for the day. I failed at getting Marion to go to therapy. I failed at getting some things accomplished I wanted to. The enemy came down upon me full force with the concept that I failed. In the middle of it all I remembered Rev. Lee's words prayed over me at the altar last week about me not being so hard on myself. Thank You Jesus for the reminder of these words that changed my day from the enemy being in control to one of praising the Lord. This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 59. David's enemies were people but enemies in life are not necessarily people. They can be circumstances, our past, people's attitudes, etc. Psalm 59:9-10 speak of God's strength we have in standing up to our enemies. It is in His strength we can slam the doors in the enemies face when he comes knocking. It is in His strength we can be reminded that we are not alone in this world but He is with us at all time. I love verse sixteen. It reads in the NIVBut I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Today is a new day. When I shared with a friend a little about my day, they encouraged me with these words. 'Praying for a fresh start tomorrow.' That is exactly what God gives us. A fresh start. Woo hoo! It does not matter how many times we mess up He is there to pick us up. Darren Mulligan from We Are Messengers said this. "Because coming to Christ and walking with Jesus is not perfect, it's not easy, it's not always happy; but, there's always hope." Yes! Hope! I have Hope in the day ahead knowing He is with me. I have Hope for my future knowing He is in control. I continue to ponder upon Jeremiah 33:3 and wait on Him to reveal more to me. I continue to ponder upon His great love for me and how blessed I am to be His daughter. I continue to ponder upon the way He works in and through me every day I allow Him. Plain and simple. I continue to ponder which is what He directed me to do for 2022. Ponder. This morning I am pondering upon the words to the song "God You Are" as I watch Him turning ashes into art. I don't know what is ahead but I don't have to know. He knows and that is all that matters. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the challenges of yesterday that brought me closer to You! Thank You for the way You use people to encourage me! Thank You for the reminder of Rev. Lee's prayer over me at the altar last week! Thank You for lunch with my dear friend Marilyn and for Cait, Alex, and the kids coming over for dinner and for the laughter around the table! Oh how I miss having meals around the table. Cleanse me so You can fill me so I can be who You have called me to be. Thank You for Psalm 59 which reminds me to praise You no matter what is happening in life! I pray for others going through 'tough' times to find reason to praise You. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; my cousin Susan; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; Serena and her husband; Jo Ann; Vivienne; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; Owen; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for Judy Link's family and other families experiencing loss. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and Baby Henry! Lord, may You be so near to those with prodigals. Thank You for being My Mountain Fortress! Amen.    

No comments: