Monday, June 6, 2022

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Crazy People"

God woke me up at 4AM and again at 6AM with the words to a song Casting Crowns sings called "Crazy People" and I chuckled. I asked Him what He was trying to tell me.

Crazy people trusting Jesus 
Following Him wherever He leads us 
Kingdom Seekers 
Walk by faith believers 
Here’s the church 
Here’s the steeple 
Here’s to all God’s crazy people

In the beginning of the song it talks about Noah building the ark when there was no rain, David slaying Goliath, Daniel and his experience in the lions den, and the experience Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had in the fiery furnace. Each of these men trusted God with what He put before them. I trust God with everything He puts before me. I feel like my life is minuscule compared to these men yet I know God has seen me through some pretty 'crazy' things. A life surrendered to Him is one where every single moment of every single day is in His hands. It is one where you may wonder the reason behind things but you know all that is important is that He knows the reason. It is one where people may not understand what you do or why you do it but God is the Only One that you need to please. This morning God reminded me of Proverbs 3:5-6. Trust is key in my relationship with Him. The more I trust Him the more I will realize His will for my life. He knows all and will do what is best for me. I recently shared how not everything we go through that we see as difficult is from the enemy. God uses 'bad' things to take our faith deeper. He uses 'tough' circumstances to get us to trust Him more. There may be some people who think I am one of those "Crazy People" in this song and that is ok. I kind of like the idea that I am seen as crazy. I especially like the idea if it is what God desires of me.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that empowers me to be who You have called me to me! Thank You for going before me today and giving me Your words, actions, attitude, and thoughts! Cleanse me so there is nothing between us. I pray for not only myself to trust You more but for others as well. I pray when days are 'difficult' You will be so real. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Vivian; Jo Ann; some young ladies with anxiety; Owen and his family; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Ken and Elaine; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for Janice and her family with the loss of her sister and other families experiencing loss. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Laurie, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Source of Trust! Amen.

No comments: