Sunday, June 26, 2022

Proverbs 3 - "In Jesus Name"


I woke up with a song Katy Nichole sings called "In Jesus Name" on my mind. My prayer list is long and seems to grow every day. It has many requests for physical, emotional, mental, and financial needs. The ones that are most burdensome on my heart are the spiritual needs. Many tears fall over those who refuse God. The ones that seem to cause the most grief are those who have known Him yet walked away from Him. This song speaks my heart...

I pray for your healing, that circumstances would change
I pray that the fear inside would flee in Jesus name
I pray that a breakthrough would happen today
I pray miracles over your life in Jesus name
In Jesus name

There are so many people who are living in fear. The enemy loves when people are so gripped with fear they cannot even allow God to take care of them. He loves when people leave God no matter what the reason. That means he has won. I pray for those who have walked away from God to realize He still loves them. Many years ago I turned my back to Him. I am so grateful He never left me. I am grateful for the promises in His Word that stayed with me even in the darkest times. Yesterday as I was working on some children's lessons Proverbs 3:3 was put before me. It reads in the NIVLet love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. I love these words! It is so important to teach Scripture so it will be engrained in people's hearts. In times of trouble Scripture in our heart is a comfort. It encourages us to lean into God's strength. The chapter continues on with verses five and six which are ones that come to my heart often. They are ones to remind me to lean into God's strength. Last night before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning I prayed for pastors. He had me pray specifically for pastors to not count bodies but to look at the spiritual aspect of everyone's life. I know He spoke to me through these prayers for myself. Having people on vacation, some working, and some sick add up to about half of my congregation today. I try to not let it bother me but in my humanness it does. I cannot allow the enemy an open door so I choose to speak the name of Jesus over the situation. I choose to speak life into people. I know I can't be the only pastor in this situation so I pray all pastors will make the same decisions today. May God be glorified through our efforts.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the visit with Clay and Jo Ann yesterday and for all that was accomplished! Thank You for the time of rest and finishing another book for pleasure! Thank You for being with Owen's family as he took his last breathe on this earth! Thank You for being with Laura as she recuperates! Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors before going to sleep, during the night, and again this morning! May we all remember You are with us. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for all going through 'tough' days to stand upon Proverbs 3:5-6. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; Serena and her husband; Jo Ann; Vivienne; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; Chrissy; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; Jill's husband Dave; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and Baby Henry! Lord, may You be so near to those with prodigals and near to the family of the two year old that died suddenly. Thank You for being The One I Trust! Amen. 

No comments: