Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Acts 1:8a - "Same God"

God woke me up with the lyrics to "Same God" going through my mind. He never changes no matter what circumstances we are going through. Yesterday as I dealt with a headache that was determined to go into a migraine I cried out to Him. I asked Him to relieve the pain I was in as I did a little bit and then rested and repeated the process. I also asked Him to show me why I was dealing with it for the second day. He brought to me that I allow other's actions to cause me issues. I prayed and asked Him to empower me to not do so. This morning He reminded me the Holy Spirit empowers me to do what He desires of me. When life becomes difficult, He empowers me with His strength and peace. When people become difficult, He empowers me with His love. When decisions to be made become difficult, He empowers me with His wisdom. Sometimes it is hard to deal with people and their ways but I have to stop and think about how God deals with each and every one of us every day. He does not give up on us even when we do not do as He desires. He does not turn away from us when we turn away from Him. I need to follow His example. I need to get better at loving people. John 15:13 reads, Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. The desire of His heart is for us to love everyone with His love. The way this can be accomplished is by living in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. What a blessing this song is. He is the same no matter what is happening in my life. 

You're the same God
You're with me in the middle of it all, God
You're catching every tear as it falls
I know You'll never change
Even when I'm feeling far away
You love me the same, God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for being with me yesterday and going before me today! Thank You for the good report for my Momma!  Thank You for the way You will use me to be who You have called me to be! Thank You for the reminder from this song that You are the "Same God" no matter what happens in life! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Lord, so many are going through difficult days. I pray Your peace over all. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Vivian; Jo Ann; some young ladies with anxiety; Owen and his family; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Ken and Elaine; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for Janice and her family with the loss of her sister and other families experiencing loss. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Consistency! Amen.

No comments: