Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Psalm 136 - "Forever"

 

Yesterday God had a song Chris Tomlin sings called "Forever" on my mind. The word 'forever' is something we cannot comprehend. The dictionary says it is something 'without end' or 'eternally.' Some days seem to be like that when things are tough to get through. In this song we find the answer of how to get through such times. 

Give thanks to the Lord our God and King
His love endures forever
For He is good, He is above all things
His love endures forever

Yes! I need to get better at giving Him thanks no matter what circumstances I find myself in. His love is greater than anything on this earth. The more I lean into His love the stronger I will be. The more I allow His love to flow in and through me the more I will experience it. When I focus on Him on this earth, I will have the privilege to focus on Him for eternity. It is good for the soul to be thankful. When we are thankful, our focus goes off of our own issues in life and opens doors to what He desires of us. The first and last verse of Psalm 136 read in the VOICE: Let your heart overflow with praise to the Eternal, for He is good, for His faithful love lasts forever. Yes! What is in us will flow out of us. That is why it is crucial to ask God to fill you up every day with more of Him. He cannot flow out of an empty vessel but His love will definitely be seen/heard out of those filled with Him. Psalm 136 is one that remembers what God did for the Israelites. It is one that encourages them to be thankful for all He did for them. We need to model this Psalm and be thankful for all He did in our past, is doing in our present, and will do in our future. He is so, so good in how He loves us so deeply.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for loving on me yesterday with Aiden's help in the morning, giving me the right words with Marion in the afternoon, and being with me throughout the day as I missed my Rickey so much! You are so good at providing exactly what I need. I am so thankful for all You do for me and for all the ways You love on me. Thank You for Your loving arms wrapped around me when I was hurting last night! Thank You for the peace You give in such times! I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Jo Ann; Serena and her husband; Vivian; Jo Ann; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Ken and Elaine; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for Janice and her family with the loss of her sister and other families experiencing loss. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Forever! Amen.

No comments: