Sunday, June 12, 2022

Jeremiah 32:17 - "Know You Will"


I was talking with one who is so discouraged with all happening in their little world. They feel like nothing is going 'right' for them. Life is overwhelming with sickness, their kids getting into trouble,  not enough money to pay the bills and put food on the table or gas in the car, etc. They know God and seek Him from time to time but blame Him for the way their life is going. I explained that it is in times such as what they are going through we have a decision to make. We either trust God or we don't. We either allow God to work in and through us or we don't. The desire of His heart is to show His power through situations that seem impossible but He cannot do that easily with someone who has not surrendered to Him. I am reminded this morning of many years ago when Doc lost his job, we had multiple car payments to make along with all kinds of other bills, etc. The best advice we were given came from the pastor. 'Tithe.' It was crazy to think about 'adding one more expense' to the list but it was the most freeing thing in our life. Sometimes the tithe was only five dollars but we were faithful. Tithing changed our lives. We saw miraculous things happen from that day forward. No bill was ever missed being paid. Soon after Doc went to Bible college for ministry. When it came time, Ben also went to MVNU. A few years later God called me to preach and I went to NBC. Tithing is not about the money. God does not need our money. He needs our obedience. He needs our surrender. He loves us so much and never gives up on us. I shared in VBS the importance of trusting God and how there will still be times of struggle but it is in those times we will grow closer to God. I am reminder of a song Hillsong sings called "Know You Will"...

You've been good on every promise
From Eden to Zion
Through every dead end
And out of that grave
I don't know how You make a way
But I know You will

Yes! There is freedom in the knowledge God will make a way even in the impossible situations of life. He has made a way for me many times with MS exacerbations, back and cervical surgeries, breast cancer surgery and treatments, loss of loved ones, etc. Every single time He has made what seem impossible become possible. Before going to bed, multiple times during the night, and again this morning He had me praying for pastors who feel like they are in impossible situations and discouraged. He had me pray for them 'to dig deeper in their faith and not allow the enemy an open door.' My heart breaks to see/hear of people who give up on God. I have no desire to allow the enemy an open door into my life. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning! I pray for those who are discouraged to not allow the enemy an open door into their life. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through 'tough' days to feel Your strength. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Uncle Jimmy as he awaits surgery; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; Serena and her husband; Vivian; Vivienne; Jo Ann; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Ken and Elaine; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for Janice and her family with the loss of her sister and other families experiencing loss. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Freedom! Amen.

No comments: