Monday, June 20, 2022

Psalm 28; Philippians 4:4-7 - "In Jesus Name"


God took me to Psalm 28 this morning. I read it in different passages and was blessed by each one. David wrote this Psalm at a time of great distress. Throughout the Psalm David praises God. The result is deliverance from his distress. When we praise God through the storms of life, it does not necessarily take the storm away but it does take our focus off of it. When we focus on God instead of the darkness before us, we will see the Light through Him. Pastor Lee shared in his last sermon of Family Camp something like this. 'When we feel like quitting, we need to pray for strength and deliverance with thanksgiving.' We show God our appreciation and thankfulness through praising Him. It may not make sense at the time but we need to praise Him in the 'bad' times. I believe it is in such times praising Him will bring about a change in us. Not necessarily will our circumstances change but we will change. Praising God brings us closer to Him. Praising Him is an act of worship. When we worship Him, our focus is on Him not on our problems. I love Paul's words in Philippians 4:4-7. They read in The Passion Translation:

Be cheerful with joyous celebration in every season of life. Let your joy overflow! And let gentleness be seen in every relationship, for our Lord is ever near. Don’t be pulled in different directions or worried about a thing. Be saturated in prayer throughout each day, offering your faith-filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude. Tell him every detail of your life, then God’s wonderful peace that transcends human understanding, will guard your heart and mind through Jesus Christ.

Yes! When we offer up our praises and prayers of thanksgiving to Him, our hearts are purified. It is so important if we want to be who He has called us to be we do just that. We need to be in continual communion with Him so our focus will stay on Him. We need to rejoice even when our circumstances are 'tough' and we feel like they will never change. So many in my little world are struggling. My prayer for each of them is they will find God's peace. I know from experience His peace is find in surrender to His will. As I pray for people I ask God to reveal Himself to them in a way they will accept Him. The song "In Jesus Name" is powerful yet there are parts I struggle with. We have to go through seasons of darkness to know God in a more intimate way. It is through such times we draw closer to Him. I guess when I sing ...that circumstances would change... does not necessarily mean that all the problems people are dealing would leave but rather it could mean they would find Jesus in a more intimate way.

I speak the name of Jesus over you
In your hurting, in your sorrow
I will ask my God to move
I speak the name 'cause it's all that I can do
In desperation, I'll seek Heaven
And pray this for you

I pray for your healing, that circumstances would change
I pray that the fear inside would flee in Jesus name
I pray that a breakthrough would happen today
I pray miracles over your life in Jesus name
In Jesus name

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so much! Thank You for being with me in the 'good' days and the 'tough' ones! Thank You for taking me to Psalm 28 this morning which led me to Philippians 4! Thank You for the day ahead! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray nothing takes my focus off of You. Lord, I don't know what is ahead today but You do. May I live out the day pleasing to You. I pray for many going through difficult days to focus on You today. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; my cousin Susan; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; Serena and her husband; Jo Ann; Vivienne; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; Owen; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for Judy Link's family and other families experiencing loss. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and Baby Henry! Lord, may You be so near to those with prodigals. Thank You for being My Light! Amen.                                                                                    

No comments: